Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Quick Question Re: Extending 60 Day Tourist Visa for 30 more Days

likethaigirls

Hi,

I'm in Pattaya, I'm going to the Jomtien Immigration in a couple days to get my current 60 day Tourist Visa extended for 30 more days.

I've read I'll need 1 passport-style photo and 1,900 baht. That's it?

Question: Is that absolutely everything I'll need? E.g. What about passport photocopies? If I need photocopies, what pages? And/or anything else?

*BTW, I entered Thailand on this 2 month Tourist Visa on 28/1/2015. As I knew then I'd be staying 3 months, I went to Jomtien Immigration a few days after I arrived to get the 30 day extension- because I'd read here that I could go for the extension 'whenever I want.' They refused me service, told me to come back in March.

This might save someone a trip & aggravation. My visa's up 28/3/2015, so I'll go back to Immigration in a few days. Hope I can get in & out without abuse this time...

Thanks

You'll need an Application To Extend A Temporary Stay In The Kingdom (TM.7).  Download from the Immigration website (PDF version is better).  Reason for the extension is simply "Tourism".  Different offices have different rules, but having less than 30 days/15 days remaining on your current stamp seems to be the "norm".

You can also get the TM7 form from the Immigration Office. Take a pen. Passport photocopies from an office just to the left of the main building, they know what to copy, usually 15 bht. Yes and one passport photo.

easy process only problem peak periods like january there can be some waiting involved.

they refused you when u went the first time because they were busy dealing with visas about to expire, and yours was not

Thanks to all. Will immigration *not* ask to see my air ticket out of Thailand?

Thanks to all. Will immigration *not* ask to see my air ticket out of Thailand?

never asked me and i've done it several times.

they want the form filled in and the fee

Just pay 3500 Baht to an agent to do it for you. Have fun for the day instead of queuing up in that terrible place.

Just pay 3500 Baht to an agent to do it for you. Have fun for the day instead of queuing up in that terrible place.

If you do decide to go down the agent route, make sure you get an official receipt for the 1.9k Baht.

"BANGKOK:-- Today Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, requested Thaivisa.com to give the following warning to all foreigners in Thailand:

“Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.  

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners.

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.

If you do decide to go down the agent route, make sure you get an official receipt for the 1.9k Baht.

"BANGKOK:-- Today Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, requested Thaivisa.com to give the following warning to all foreigners in Thailand:

“Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.  

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners.

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.

Yeah, good advice.

Just ironic that immigration themselves set the price at 3k then hand over a receipt for 1900.

I agree.

I went to Jomtien Immigration in person.

*Make sure to have your phone number; they wanted mine.

*They did give me a receipt, I will avoid losing it as they may want to see it when I leave Thailand.

Other than that, all details in this thread re: going in person to Immigration are 100% right on as of 25/3/2015.

Archived