IGNORED

new Macbook...

DaffyDuck

Equally of interest during the WATCH keynote, was the introduction of the new Macbook!

Thinner and lighter than the Macbook Air, it heralds undoubtedly the end of the Macbook Air within the next 12 months, leaving the lineup with just Macbook and Macbook Pro.

It was interesting to see tech from the WATCH trickle down to the Macbook (Force Touch trackpad), as well as to see their new redesigned keyboard (apparently the flatter keys take some getting used to).

... and it comes in GOLD.

Thus, immediately of interest to any and all BGs or Hi-So figures.

screen shot 2015-03-09 at 1.34.05 pm.png.jpeg

I have had an Air for god knows how long. Best computer i have had ever. If it died tomorrow I would get another one. If the new macbook has a solid state drive and a few "new" features then I am in when i need a new computer. The Air is awesome.

Of course had windows based laptops before so any mac is going to look good by comparison.

There are two versions of the new macbook: basic (256Gb) for 1299$ and one with bigger storage (512Gb) and faster processor for 1599$. Can't wait to grab the advanced one once released.

Why would you go for a macbook air over a macbook pro?

Why would you go for a macbook air over a macbook pro?

Depends on what you want. The Pro has a better resolution and can do a few more things but the Air is lighter thinner and has a better battery life. For someone like me who has a computer with him through the day that fits into my case with other goodies to show clients photos and price up quotes it's a no brainer the Air is better but if you had use for the sharper display and the extra features then the Pro would be better. 

When i got mine which must be 4 years ago I don't think the Pro booted as quickly either and that is something I really need. 

Here is a link to a comparison

http://blog.laptopmag.com/apple-macbook-air-vs-pro

Most obviously, the tech from the Macbook will invariably trickle down to the Macbook Pro to make it even thinner and faster - the Fource Touch trackpad has already been integrated. The new keyboard and undoubtedly new PCI-e SSD drive (twice as fast as prior ones) will be next.

I'm already planning to pick up the next generation Macbook Pro (mostly because I prefer to keep some ports, including Thunderbolt)

Grifted this from a post on Facebook:
---
Are You excited about the new Apples C-Port? Here is why you could be:

Here is a quick, down-and-dirty primer of what makes USB Type-C so great:

It's reversible, like Apple's Lightning cable. No more fumbling to plug it in the right way.

It can transfer data at up to 10 Gbps—i.e. 10 times your crazy Google Fiber connection per second. (If you have Google Fiber, I hate you forever.)

It can do video. Forget specialized video ports like DisplayPort and HDMI (eventually anyway) because Type-C can do that too. And in both directions. A single cable could carry video from phone to PC or PC to phone. Or to TVs, tablets, you name it.

It can carry a crapload of power. Depending on the wall-wart you plug your Type-C cable into, it can deliver up to 100w of power. That's enough to charge full-size laptops, not just ones with underpowered processors.

Like all USBs, Type-C is an open standard. It won't be exclusive to any one company or line of gadgets.

Type-C is backwards-compatible. You can use with the old ports that are already all around you (if you get an adapter).

It's tiny. Small enough to make laptops thinner and work its way into phones and tablets.

Only certain of Apple's products are spelled with an  - WATCH, PAY, and the original TV.

Archived