IGNORED

your (current) recommendation for Pizza?

I'm looking for recommendations on Pizzerias.

Here is how I like my Pizza:

- thin crust (very thin even)

- proper Pizza bread, slightly salty, not too much yeast

- proper tomato grounding, no ketchup, no bbq sauce, no strange stuff

- good cheese, not overcooked

what are today the best places in town?

There's a thread probably very close to yours called best pizza in town

you may find a clue in there

Not my favorite place but based on your preferences, I would suggest in Jomtien. 

http://laboccapattaya.com/

Thanks, I've been to La Bocca three times already - the first time was really good while the last couple of times was average, they somehow didn't make the pizza as tasty as the first time, toppings were sparse for the price and drinks were too expensive.

If only they had kept the standard up, I would have been a regular there :-(

Maybe it's time to give them another chance.

La Bocca should make a terrace set menu, replace the napkins with paper napkins on the terrace, no fancy snack, just good pizza + beer @ 350 baht or good pizza + soft drink @ 320 baht. Done.

Probably too thick of a crust for you (since you emphasize very thin), but I enjoyed Fire and Stone, which is on Central Pattaya Road, between Beach Road and Second Road.  

Gets excellent reviews on TripAdvisor (and a number of good photos):  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d7104827-Reviews-Fire_and_Stone_Pizzeria-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#photos

Here's a short video, as well:

Probably too thick of a crust for you (since you emphasize very thin), but I enjoyed Fire and Stone, which is on Central Pattaya Road, between Beach Road and Second Road.  

Gets excellent reviews on TripAdvisor (and a number of good photos):  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d7104827-Reviews-Fire_and_Stone_Pizzeria-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#photos

Here's a short video, as well:

The restaurant looks good in the review, but their pizza definitely indeed has too much crust for me

piz2.jpg

piz1.jpg

My favorite is Two Lions on soi 9 Pattaya Klang. Swedish style pizzas.

New York Diner on WS, but oh how i miss the old Saloon pizza!. Brooklyn Diner in soi Buahkhao area. Home delivery is NY NY Pizza.

Ironic all these recommendations have something to do with New York and i'm from L.A.

ah, a new place to try out!

EDIT: ugh, 385 to 400 baht for a pizza, that's steep!

I'll have a try anyway, I hope the quality justifies the price.

Tried this once and was not overly impressed. It wasn't too bad but i found the other places i mentioned better. Food is a weird thing, we all have our own tastes.

Okay, I tried and have mixed feelings.

On one side, portion and toppings are good both in quantity and quality, so the price is justified.

Taste on the other hand is very American, i.e. a bit bland, it tastes just like a pizza in New York, no garlic, no oregano, no olives, no olive oil... and the tomato grounding tasted too sweet for my taste, I wonder if it was ketchup or some BBQ sauce.

No Mediterranean / Italian feeling to that pizza. Maybe that's how Americans like it, but it's not my taste.

But let me repeat that their pizza is a respectable quality product.

Maybe if they added an "Italian" flavor to their product line, I'd become a repeat customer.

Nyers love garlic on their pizza! Every pizzeria in nyc has garlic powder along with oregano.

Loaf on soi lengkee may be worth a try. Not thick but not super thin though.

In case you like variety,

the loaf pizza buffet on Wednesday is a good choice.

As mentioned before, not a really very thin crust, there.

Archived