IGNORED

Boxing Events And Promoters

Hi guys , does anyone know about any boxing events in Pattaya and Elsewhere in Thailand ? I am looking for boxing promoters as well.

Thanks for any information.

Unfortunately, the local boxing scene doesn't get much coverage in the English language press in Thailand. It gets decent coverage in the Thai papers (for example, here's the boxing page of the Thai Rath newspaper website) and there's a boxing weekly Muay Lok (meaning World Boxing as opposed to Muay Thai, Thai boxing) also in Thai that I pick up whenever I'm in country. The newsstand in the back of the lowest floor of Central Festival usually gets it every Friday and it covers fights from all over the world as well as Thailand. Neither of those are much help if you can't read Thai, but you should be able the figure out the time and TV channel of a particular fight. You could probably track down some promoters from info in that magazine, too.

I've seen some good fights in Thailand including a couple of World Championships. Maybe if you went to a fight, you could touch base with a promoter there. Easiest thing to do is check out one of the online boxing schedules. ESPN's is pretty good, listing this Thursday's fight in Bangkok and the big fight in Macau on Saturday where Chonburi's own Amnat Ruenroeng defends his world title against Top Rank's Chinese hype job Zou Shiming.

Another option is to go to the boxrec.com home page and change the location from the one it determines from your ip address to Bangkok, Thailand. Then you'll get a list of the the fights coming up in the region and local managers. Typically, I find out a fight is happening in Thailand from some boxing website and then use boxrec because it gives the actual venue (most times, but not always). There's a youtube channel called TKO Muay Lok that has fights off of Thai TV which post within a day of taking place. These would be fights in Thailand or fights outside of Thailand involving a Thai fighter. Usually HD quality, too. Their facebook page is here. Maybe you could make some inquires there. Good luck!

Thanks man , there is a lot of good advise here ! Appreciate your help buddy .

Thanks man , there is a lot of good advise here ! Appreciate your help buddy .

No problem. Came across this contact info for one of the Bangkok promoters, too.

Frank Sitpholek

A Dutch promoter/matchmaker has been in Pattaya for 27 years and is the promoter for Pattaya Boxing Worlld at Mini Siam.

His gym is next to the orphanage. He would be the best person to ask.

Archived