Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Marriage Visa

scooby28

Fellow addicts I need your help. I'm marrying a 19 yr old bar girl. She is not different. Anyways please tell me the best visa to get. I Plan to marry in thailand .

Fellow addicts I need your help. I'm marrying a 19 yr old bar girl. She is not different. Anyways please tell me the best visa to get. I Plan to marry in thailand .

How old are you?

30 is that an issue

Well it certainly removes the retirement visa option. Are you actually going to live in Thailand or just get married

Type in K-1 Visa in search engine. Read it and see if that's for you. America wont recognize her as your wife unless u marry in the US.

America wont recognize her as your wife unless u marry in the US.

:LOL2: , you may want to recheck that statement cause it's way off the mark.

Oh Yea my bad. I thought he meant to bring her home.

What visa you are talking about, a visa for her to come to the US or a visa for you to live in Thailand?

• 1 month later...

K-1 is for in the US marriages. Your better off marrying overseas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-1 is for in the US marriages. Your better off marrying overseas

I know a smart guy and he looked into it in some detail. He found that it was easiest to get them into the US on a fiance visa. He said his research showed that marrying them in Thailand makes the process harder. I don't know why though.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Oh Yea my bad. I thought he meant to bring her home.

Doesn't matter if he brings her to the US or not. The US recognized my marriage in Thailand. My wife was issued a ITIN so I could fill out joint tax returns and she got a 10-year Tourist Visa for the US.

If the plan is for her to immigrate to the US and live there long term then getting a fiancee visa might be easier than getting married in Thailand.

But either way, a marriage outside the US is valid.

K visas can be hard to get from Thailand. If your turned down initially, any future applications become much harder to get. Forget about getting a B visa (tourist or any other) after that. The most rock solid way is to marry overseas, then bring them over as a conditional resident (CR-6) or wait the full 2 years and there is no need to file a I-751.

Type in K-1 Visa in search engine. Read it and see if that's for you. America wont recognize her as your wife unless u marry in the US.

Not True.  If you register the marriage at the Embassy it IS recognized by the U.S.

Not True.  If you register the marriage at the Embassy it IS recognized by the U.S.

You do not register a marriage at the US Embassy.

From the US Embassy website:

NOTE: The U.S. Embassy DOES NOT register marriages and neither do we keep copies of individuals’ marriage certificates.

Also from the website:

A legal marriage in Thailand consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur (Civil Registry Office). The United States does recognize the validity of such a marriage.

I think he asked for Thai visa so to stay in Thailand, never he talked about an american visa, I'm mrried with a thai lady and me too in the futur I will want to stay in Thailand, so I will be interested too.

If you are married to a Thai lady and want to stay in Thailand then you can get a married visa.  Being married in Thailand does help with this as you don`t need translations etc for the marriage certificate.  Immigration need loads of paperwork but it isn`t difficult if you have the 400,000 baht in the bank or the equivalent income and proof of it.  It takes a week or two to get everything done after the application is sent in but you get a visa under consideration stamp in your passport whilst you are waiting.  There are lists of what you need on this forum already but check with immigration when you need the visa as things do change all the time.  At the end of the list they say "and any other documents required by immigration" so be prepared for anything!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

went to new immigration center in Changwattan ( ok not spelt correct ) to apply for 12 month OA Marriage visa from a 3 month non O visa, all went pretty smoothly took police check certificate and medical certificate which I was told by many people immigration require but then was told by immigration officer  "not want" ? , so I guess you never know what to expect as changes are frequent .   

Do you need all the same paperwork every year when you renew it? Like proof of income etc?

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

went to new immigration center in Changwattan ( ok not spelt correct ) to apply for 12 month OA Marriage visa from a 3 month non O visa, all went pretty smoothly took police check certificate and medical certificate which I was told by many people immigration require but then was told by immigration officer  "not want" ? , so I guess you never know what to expect as changes are frequent .   

I think you have confused a Non-OA and extension of stay and the requirements for them. You can not get a Non-OA issued in Thailand and the Police report and Med Cert is for applying for a Non-OA in your home country. Non-OA visas are for people over 50, nothing to do with being married

I think you are applying for a 1 year extension of stay. Totally different except that each are good for a one year stay.

Do you need all the same paperwork every year when you renew it? Like proof of income etc?

Yes you definitely do need everything each time you want to extend the visa, also they can ask for anything else that they can dream up!  Never leave things until the last minute, it could prove both difficult and expensive.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived