IGNORED

Jomtien Immigration Office changed !

Oukiva

Hi. I just come back from Jomtien Immigration where I needed a Re-Entry Permit.

Big changes inside ! You can forget everything you know about how this Immigration Office works... ;)

When you enter you now see a huge central area full of seating where people are waiting for their turn. All desks and officers are now along the walls all over the place.

At the entrance you must now turn on your right toward a new desk where 3 ladies will check you documents. They will check form, copies, signatures,... and will make you fill some form or make new photocopies if need. They will make you pay the fee too.

When your file (documents) is correct, they will send you to the desk at the left of the entrance where you will get a number for your queue. You then go in the central seating area and wait for your turn looking at the desk you will have to go. The electronic number system was not working today.

From right to left inside the Office you will see :

- the "reception/checking" desk with the 3 ladies

- the #1 desk for Tourists (mainly extension)

- the #2 desk for Re-Entry Permit

- several desks for the 90-Days Report

- several desks for Long Stay Extension (like Retirement, Marriage, Work,...). Along the back wall

- the small ex-office for Residence Certificate is now reserved to people for neighbour countries (Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar...)

- the desk on the left for Residence Certificate

- the queue number distributor

I went there at about 1pm. It was rather busy in the waiting area.

It took me 15 minutes to get my Re-Entry stamp.

To early to say, but seems to be a good change :)

Nice to see they are trying to make the place easier to deal with, it is usually a mess. My normal MO is go straight to the office to the left and get Ruby or one of the other Filipinos to do all the documents for me, they have all the forms there along with photo capabilities and copy machines. They do not charge any service fee other than the photos and copies but i always leave a nice tip for taking the hassel away from me. Once inside, immigration recognizes the writing from next door and breeze through the documents. 90 day check in usually less than 90 seconds.

on a side note do you get paid to have that Agoda banner on your posts?

on a side note do you get paid to have that agoda banner on your posts?

I don't think that all my post have this kind of ads,

but think that on this forum every 1st post of every page get this Agoda ad.

Please complain at Pattaya-Addcit webmaster ;)

on a side note do you get paid to have that agoda banner on your posts?

LoL, you have been hiding under a rock? :-)

Archived