IGNORED

ATM cards

kangeroo

GDay, haven't been to pattaya for a while and when I was there the scanning of ATM cards just before entering the amount of money the customer wants ( so the card never leaves your hand ) was in the pipe line according to one of the banks in bkk I wonder of there are any in pattaya yet ?

Cheers .

u will not get a answer to this 90% of the people

on this forum r back in their own county and not

here in thailand they will not no so u will not get

answers

I am part of the "90% back in my country," but I was in Pattaya and quite ATM-dependent 2 weeks ago and didn't see anything like what you're asking about.

That's not to say they do not exist ANYWHERE in Pattaya, but only that I didn't see any where I was (Central Festival, Beach Road, Second Road, Royal Garden, Walking Street, etc.)

In town now. Have not seen it. But not entirely clear about your post either.

Are you talking about chip scanners. That I have seen. Happened to be at the bank. A couple could not withdraw money. They were told the banks machines need the chip card. Mag strip alone would not work. They were told to try another bank.

Yes I'm in Austrlaia at the moment and in Thailand next month everywhere here now you just scan your card ( keeping he card in your hand )and then proceed to enter pinn and withdraw money that way your card can't be taken by machine it's annoying having to contact the bank and pick up a card a few days later as happened to me at Nirin condo a few years ago .

Anyway thanks for the reply , cheers .

^ You are talking about 'paypass', I have not seen it in Thailand as yet.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Archived