IGNORED

New Indian Restaurant - Curry Home

photo update time..........

july 18 011 (Custom).JPG

the 2 next to each other second rd near central festival shopping

july 18 012 (Custom).JPG

and over to buakoaw...........

july 18 016 (Custom).JPG

bugger me there is a 3rd indian under construction by the look of things to the right of naan-n-curry

july 19 002 (Custom).JPG

another day and another sign has gone up.

now a triple indian option or it will be very soon

july 20 006 (Custom).JPG

Thais ting tong or what?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 2 months later...

Had Lamb Biryani in there last night.

Per Kreggerz advice, I asked for it spicy this time.

That made it just right for me. Very tasy meal :)

Six months on, and I ate the same meal again yesterday.

The quality has deteriorated drastically.

It was coloured rice with a few bits of tough lamb thrown in.

There was not nearly enough sauce - about half as much as last time.

I really can not recommend this place any more.

I can't either. It's off my list.  :Bye5:

Restaurants change rapidly anywhere. Maybe in Pattaya, even more so. 

Restaurants change rapidly anywhere. Maybe in Pattaya, even more so. 

With the exception of the Tikka Center, so far.

It's been consistently excellent for the 3 years I've lived here. In fact, I had another home delivery yesterday and am about to heat-up my seconds in the microwave right now. Almost as good as when it's first delivered.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Interesting. I haven't tried that place for many years. I wasn't really impressed with them but that was so long ago I suppose I should try it again.

With the exception of the Tikka Center, so far.

It's been consistently excellent for the 3 years I've lived here. In fact, I had another home delivery yesterday and am about to heat-up my seconds in the microwave right now. Almost as good as when it's first delivered.

Agreed. They keep the same staff year after year.

The fat guy and the thin guy front of house.

The woman does the cooking.

Still pretty much as good as the first time I went in.

Agreed. They keep the same staff year after year.

The fat guy and the thin guy front of house.

The woman does the cooking.

Still pretty much as good as the first time I went in.

One eats curry and the other one ears papaya salad.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I tried the Tikka Center again after not going for many years.
I think I recall in the past I had their chicken madras and thought it was bland and awful so that's why I stopped going.

Well, I am happy that I tried it again.

They serve all tables some raw vegetables, Mint chutney, and some kind of small yogurt thing.

I had the 1/2 chicken tandoori, aloo gobi, and naan asking for very spicy.

I enjoyed the chicken very much and given the name of the place, it wouldn't surprise that their tandoori stuff would be good. The portion was also generous. 

The aloo gobi was OK, maybe the portion was a little small and the curry sauce wasn't anything special, though spicy as asked.

The nan which I recall from before was just acceptable.

But the chicken was so good that I will definitely go back.

I'm sure some of their other dishes will be just as good, especially the tandoori meat dishes.

I  tried the curry house last Thursday with a m8, only us two in, m8 ordered a chicken madras it was like a chicken tikka masala he called them over to complain but they say no that madras,he was`nt happy, nan`s are crap , mine was a sour creamy thing on the specials list, utter shit ,cheek calling itself a curry house, wont be going again

I tried the Tikka Center again after not going for many years.

I think I recall in the past I had their chicken madras and thought it was bland and awful so that's why I stopped going.

Well, I am happy that I tried it again.

They serve all tables some raw vegetables, mint chutney, and some kind of small yogurt thing.

I had the 1/2 chicken tandoori, aloo gobi, and naan asking for very spicy.

I enjoyed the chicken very much and given the name of the place, it wouldn't surprise that their tandoori stuff would be good. The portion was also generous. 

The aloo gobi was OK, maybe the portion was a little small and the curry sauce wasn't anything special, though spicy as asked.

The nan which I recall from before was just acceptable.

But the chicken was so good that I will definitely go back.

I'm sure some of their other dishes will be just as good, especially the tandoori meat dishes.

Sorry about this, but I need to revise my impression of Tikka Center yet again. 

Visited tonight and had the chicken tikka, fish korma curry, and plain nan.

The chicken tikka which I expected to be really good as I had enjoyed their tandoori chicken was instead remarkably poor.

Chicken tikka meat is supposed to be marinated first. It is supposed to be delectably tender. 

Well this meat didn't taste like it was ever marinated. Even if it was, it didn't taste like it was, so that's what matters.

It was more like plain chicken breast slices meant for a curry pot very overcooked in the tandoor,  very dry and tough. Possibly from frozen?

What happened? I guess I should have asked. Is that how they always do that dish there or did they run out of marinated meat and thought I wouldn't notice or care?

The fish korma curry was described on the menu as yogurt based but it didn't taste like it was. I am guessing more like milk but I don't really know. The spicing was one dimensional and the fish slices were kind of strange, but I'm not suggesting they were rotten. 

I actually sort of enjoyed the curry, the one time, but not nearly enough to ever order it again. 

Sorry to say I won't be rushing back. 

Perhaps some regulars there can suggest specific dishes that they like there?

Archived