IGNORED

How many days can GF stay in Australia in one year?

Spider123

Thanks for all the help I have been given in the past.

I have another question...

My girlfriend has been twice to Australia in 2014(once in Feb/March/April of 2014 for a stay of 85 days and again in Oct/Nov/Dec for a period of 84 days...she left on Jan 9 2015(not overstaying).

My question is...is there an actual DAY limit on  staying in Australia for her eg. in any year period can she stay a maximum of 150/200/220 days etc?

She wishes to apply for a third tourist visa to commence May 15 2015 and stay for 3 months.

Any help would be appreciated

Might be worth having a friendly word with the office on Soi 13 Sukhumvit?

I don't think there is a limit. My now wife was here for a 3 seperate periods then the proposed spousal visa within a 12 month period. However it did require a trip back home so the new visa was valid as it was applied o/s and she had to be o/s when it was granted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help I have been given in the past.

I have another question...

My girlfriend has been twice to Australia in 2014(once in Feb/March/April of 2014 for a stay of 85 days and again in Oct/Nov/Dec for a period of 84 days...she left on Jan 9 2015(not overstaying).

My question is...is there an actual DAY limit on  staying in Australia for her eg. in any year period can she stay a maximum of 150/200/220 days etc?

She wishes to apply for a third tourist visa to commence May 15 2015 and stay for 3 months.

Any help would be appreciated

They do count days! You can legally apply for tourist visas as often as you like and you'll probably be granted them too, but there might be trouble with the immigration once she arrives. Twice in a year is most likely fine but three times might raise a flag. They can pull her aside and ask lots of questions: how does she have money for staying in Australia? Has she worked in Australia? (she shouldn't) What does she do in Australia? What's her daily life like? Where does she go? What does she do? Does she know anyone in Australia? Is there anyone who they can call to confirm her story? (better make sure there is someone who can actually help by confirming her non-working status etc.)  Even if they can't find anything wrong with her answers, they will add lots of remarks in her profile and also suggest that she get a more substantive visa next time. 

It might also depend on where exactly she arrives in Australia. My experiences are from Brisbane (international airport)

There is no limit. If she has the 12 month multiple entry visa she can leave and enter as she pleases. The issue will be that it will be difficult to get another tourist visa after that as they look at it as you are trying to live in Australia on a tourist visa. 

You can apply for an extention up to 6 months but you may have to prove you can finantially support it. They may apply a lot of scrutiny to asians.

Few friends with their gfs on 3 month tourist visas have been told no more than 6 months in any 12 month period.

You have to satisfy she is a genuine visitor. Equal time between 2 countries is what they look for, and even then you'll have to explain yourself as to why she wants to come so often.

ummm

Archived