Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Translation help requested (English - Thai)

ekku

Here's the phrase I need help with:

"Would you happen to know anyone who's interested?"

Now I assume it's something like รู้จักใครสนใจ and a few more words here and there to soften the tone.

I'm going to offer something to a lady who was interested in me until around a year ago. I haven't spent much time with her since then because another lady started to keep me busy. We still smile when we meet but we don't really hang out anywhere anymore. I don't want to ask her directly "Are you interested?" because it might be hard for her to say no to me because of my superior position and I also don't want to end up in an awkward situation just in case she's lost her interest. I'm trying to speak indirectly but I need to get the words straight. Thanks!

Your translation is ok accept I would add ไหม to the end to make it a question. I'm just not sure you are going about this the right way. If you are using สนใจ to me interested in me romantically it is correct but I wouldn't say it, she might think interested about what.

Just joke with her and see what her body language or chemistry is like.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

ok maybe I didn't make everything very clear yet.  This lady used to be interested in me (yes, romantically) but now I'm going to present this (almost) purely professional deal. She'd be working for me and my employer would pay her for the time she spends with me. The nature of the deal is that we can pretty much choose the location where we work. Then things can happen ... well whatever seems to be a good idea at the time might happen but we're not there yet.

In English I would say something like "...any chance you might know someone ... who's interested (in working with me)"

ต้องการผู้ช่วยงาน "maybe you know someone?" 

.one more thing. I don't really see her very often so I'll have to send her a message. There's not much body language there and I'm not good at choosing stickers either. We actually used to go to the church together but I don't see how that environment helps.

Archived