Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Residency certificate

anglesea

A residency certificate is needed to open a bank account, get a Thai drivers licence and buy a car. One needed for each transaction. Best to wait until you have your retirement visa before you apply using new form available for the purpose. Attach copy of passport ID, retirement visa, last entry to Thailand along with lease agreement and receipts paying rent, electricity, water with address shown. Sign ever page and add phone number. Better if condo or house rather than hotel. Get at Jomtien quite easily with small queues and processing under 2 hours. Cost 300 bart for one and 500 bart up to three certificates. Good for 1 month so need to time application around when you need them.

Isn't this a bit of a catch 22 ? Your need a residency certificate to open a bank account but to get a retirement visa, you need a bank account to put the 800kbaht in ?

Kinda but not really ... you can get a residency certificate using a business card from your hotel/accommodation while on a 30 day waiver so no big deal.

Isn't this a bit of a catch 22 ? Your need a residency certificate to open a bank account but to get a retirement visa, you need a bank account to put the 800kbaht in ?

The OP is assuming lots of things, especially that we are all on retirement visas, of which I have little knowledge.

You don't always need a residency certificate to open a bank account, you do need an account to put the 800K in, but you certainly don't need to have the 800K either. Lots of people arrange this for you, for a fee of course. The money goes in and out before you've left immigration and most people using this method don't even bother queuing up at immigration anyway, it's all included in the fee.

A residency certificate is needed to open a bank account, get a Thai drivers licence and buy a car. 

Since when?  It's just one of several documents which are acceptable to prove your address.

Certificate of Residence not required to open a bank account.............where do you get your information from :SoWhat1:

Apparently there are new rules.

Now when you go to renew your retirement visa, you need to process a new residency form, you no longer can just provide a copy of lease. You need the original owners book from the landlord along with documents signed by them.

Same when you go to renew your license.

The purpose seems to be to create a rental register and then they can tax the owners.

" Of Course You Love Me Darlink, I Handsome Man"5555

PHUKET:
certificate is FREE

to get one u need show

1. lease agreement

2. copy landlords ID card

3. copy Taam Bien Baan  house paper

*needed for new Drivers license OR renewal UNLESS u have a NON B and WP

*Needed to buy car or motorcycle

*Needed to open Bank Account UNLESS u have  anon b visa and WP

Everyone needs to submit a certificate UNLESS their landlord did ( different form from  the above)

and each time they change address's

• 1 month later...

A residency certificate is needed to open a bank account, get a Thai drivers licence and buy a car. One needed for each transaction. Best to wait until you have your retirement visa before you apply using new form available for the purpose. Attach copy of passport ID, retirement visa, last entry to Thailand along with lease agreement and receipts paying rent, electricity, water with address shown. Sign ever page and add phone number. Better if condo or house rather than hotel. Get at Jomtien quite easily with small queues and processing under 2 hours. Cost 300 bart for one and 500 bart up to three certificates. Good for 1 month so need to time application around when you need them.

Got one today. All I gave them were copies of the following and the sighting of my passport and two passport details:

- copy of passport detail page, page with visa and entry stamp

- copy of departure card

- copy of house book (original not required)

I was told to return in 1 hour. I just walked straight up to the counter when lodging and collecting.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 3 months later...

This was my experience today obtaining a Residence Certificate for purchasing a motorcycle at Jomtien Immigration.

Arrived at 11 o'clock with application form filled out along with 2 photos, copies of passport ID pages, visa and entry stamp, entry card, house lease and Truevisions contract.

Presented everything to young lady in foyer who checked everything and gave me a ticket number and sent me to desk 9.

Waited about 5 minutes for my number to be called, gave all the documents to the lady behind the desk after she had checked everything she asked for 300 baht and told me to return in 20 minutes.

After having a coffee in the place outside (Aroi Dee) it was back inside to pick up the certificate, all told about 45 mins and a pretty painless experience.

NB. I had all my original documents with me but apart from my passport they never asked to see them.

"I want to die young, but only when I'm very very old"

"Life is for living, not for wishing you had lived a life"

Apparently there are new rules.

Now when you go to renew your retirement visa, you need to process a new residency form, you no longer can just provide a copy of lease. You need the original owners book from the landlord along with documents signed by them.

Same when you go to renew your license.

The purpose seems to be to create a rental register and then they can tax the owners.

No the threshold for tax payment is 1,8mill per year it was 1.5.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Certificate of Residence not required to open a bank account.............where do you get your information from :SoWhat1:

Correct but it has been tightened up you need a 12 month visa.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Went there to get a certificate of residence because i wanted to open a new bank account but was told at the Immigration that i could only get it if i had a 1 year"o" or marriage visa. So those who claim they just get it with a 30days waiver stamp and a business card from a hotel hmmmm.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

why did u pay 300 baht?
the're free

When u renew ur extension u need show that you have registered ur address as well

( not same form as u get when u need certificate to buy car/bike or open bank account)

This is a paper that stays in ur passport

not to be confused with 90 day report which is also in ur passport

why did u pay 300 baht?

the're free

When u renew ur extension u need show that you have registered ur address as well

( not same form as u get when u need certificate to buy car/bike or open bank account)

This is a paper that stays in ur passport

not to be confused with 90 day report which is also in ur passport

Pattaya is not Phuket.

Residence cert is not free.

Also, you don't need to show you registered your address when doing a new extension.

Picked up one last week for a new bank account.

Just the water bill was sufficient. I took the housebook as well to make sure. 300 baht. 20 minutes to finish. I remember it took until the next day a few years ago. Later it went from half a day to a few hours. Now just a few minutes! Good progress made I must say.

Went there to get a certificate of residence because i wanted to open a new bank account but was told at the Immigration that i could only get it if i had a 1 year"o" or marriage visa. So those who claim they just get it with a 30days waiver stamp and a business card from a hotel hmmmm.

This was certainly possible in the past. If you have a PE (elite visa) it is, off course, sufficient too. And ED probably is too, but I cannot confirm.

Archived