IGNORED

Thai Elite Visa

williamdegraw

Hello,

Looking to settle in Thailand and looking for the right kind of visa, i saw the thai elite visa advertised at the airport, anyone has experience with this?

much appreciated

Thai Elite Visa is a re-launch of a Thakisn brainchild, TOT project that went off like a damp squid. He reckoned he'd get a million members signed up (paying a million baht each) for the right to a lifetime visa and a number of other privileges and perks. They managed a couple of thousand, as I recall, and finally canned it a few years ago.

This latest version, launched in January 2015, is pretty much well-connected private enterprise being able to pull a few strings. I forget the details, but there are various levels. Basicly they offer 20 years of visa, in five year lots, plus privileges and perks., all for a pretty penny…… but probably a pittance to the type of people they are trying to attract.

How reliable it is for the long term remains to be seen. 

Thanks for the reply guys it seems  convenient but as TIT indeed you never know for the long run. What would you recommend for me being retired and under the age of 50?

Ive got one since a few weeks. Very fast.

You still need to do 90 days report, but since yesterday you can do that online.

Every time you enter Thailand you'll get a 1 year stamp. If you don't leave Thailand you can get the yearly stamp at Bangkok Immigration.

You still need to do 90 days report, but since yesterday you can do that online.

I believe you can get Elite to do it for you anyway if you didn't want the hassle of turning up yourself. Does the airport limo service get you to Patts or is that too far?

I believe you can get Elite to do it for you anyway if you didn't want the hassle of turning up yourself. Does the airport limo service get you to Patts or is that too far?

If you're not in Bangkok, you'll have to do it yourself. The limo doesn't take you to Pattaya. I believe its limited to 50 KM.

Ive had a few visa problems in the past. I even got denied entry once while on my ED visa. The one and only reason I joined the Thai Elite is because of the visa. It buys me a piece of mind for the next 5 years.

If you're not in Bangkok, you'll have to do it yourself. The limo doesn't take you to Pattaya. I believe its limited to 50 KM.

Ive had a few visa problems in the past. I even got denied entry once while on my ED visa. The one and only reason I joined the Thai Elite is because of the visa. It buys me a piece of mind for the next 5 years.

Thanks for the clarification. Sucks about the visa issues but as you say, sorted for the next 5 years and when it comes to it, not really that expensive for peace of mind and no hassle having to leave if you don't want/need to now.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the feedback. i'm applying for one now. i had the same problem with the ED visa which worked fine for years but it's all screwed now. good to see positive experiences

How much is this visa?

Between B500,000 and B2,000000. It's a bit more than just a visa but, as mentioned above, this was rolled out a few years ago and then cancelled by the Thai government on a whim. I think a lot of people got their fingers burnt at the time.

Between B500,000 and B2,000000. It's a bit more than just a visa but, as mentioned above, this was rolled out a few years ago and then cancelled by the Thai government on a whim. I think a lot of people got their fingers burnt at the time.

Nobody got their fingers burnt - not one person - they were all honoured

Nobody got their fingers burnt - not one person - they were all honoured

There was lots of talk about compensation, don't know anyone who actually received any. Do you?

The visas were cancelled nonetheless. Considering the reasons for getting an elite visa I'd consider that a loser. Add the fact that as a Thai elite member you are / were not actually allowed to be permanently residing in Thailand which allowed them to fuck members over. (small print)

There was lots of talk about compensation, don't know anyone who actually received any. Do you?

The visas were cancelled nonetheless. Considering the reasons for getting an elite visa I'd consider that a loser. Add the fact that as a Thai elite member you are / were not actually allowed to be permanently residing in Thailand which allowed them to fuck members over. (small print)

I have been following an extensive thread on Thai Visa Forum  - the visas were not cancelled at all - guys commented on there to confirm that theirs had been honoured - after all the people likely to be able to afford them were mainly legitimate or wealthy business people

Do you have a link showing where people actually got them cancelled?

The visas were cancelled nonetheless.

I thought it was just some of the perks that got cancelled, not the visa?

I have been following an extensive thread on Thai Visa Forum  - the visas were not cancelled at all - guys commented on there to confirm that theirs had been honoured - after all the people likely to be able to afford them were mainly legitimate or wealthy business people

Do you have a link showing where people actually got them cancelled?

i was going to post a response however I am sober so will not.

Due diligence is your friend.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Thanks for the reply guys it seems  convenient but as TIT indeed you never know for the long run. What would you recommend for me being retired and under the age of 50?

Education Visa, and you get to learn the language.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I thought it was just some of the perks that got cancelled, not the visa?

That's my understanding ... I think the guys still had to pay for their annual extensions, but no big deal.  I don't know anyone, and have never met anyone, who claims to have had their visa cancelled as a result of the "issues".

Its probably the best option if your under 50 and want to stay long term in LOS without a work permit, if you have the upfront money.

Still have to do the 90 day reports though but if you live in Bangkok they will do them for you.

If you think about it the cost is really not that high, no visa runs, no paying for visa extensions and for those who "use" ED visas no forking out for courses and potential immigration hassles.

500k for 5 years, almost 274 per day is not really that expensive considering its a finite amount and as I read it you can stay for the full 5 years, if you so wish.

The perks like limo to and from Bangkok and the express through immigration, also the the golf cart that drives you in the airport are nice touches but obviously not worth the cost alone .

If I was much younger I definitely go for it, even though now I qualify for the retirement option I have still been considering it for pure convenience.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

If you think about it the cost is really not that high, no visa runs, no paying for visa extensions and for those who "use" ED visas no forking out for courses and potential immigration hassles.

I think you have to pay the standard 1.9k Baht extension fee.  

I think you have to pay the standard 1.9k Baht extension fee.  

Okay that's another 7600 then as the 1st year wouldn't have one, not much more really, only a fraction over 4 baht per day extra so 278 baht per day over the 5 years.

Not that bad.   

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 1 month later...

Its probably the best option if your under 50 and want to stay long term in LOS without a work permit, if you have the upfront money.

Still have to do the 90 day reports though but if you live in Bangkok they will do them for you.

500k for 5 years, almost 274 per day is not really that expensive considering its a finite amount and as I read it you can stay for the full 5 years, if you so wish.

The perks like limo to and from Bangkok and the express through immigration, also the the golf cart that drives you in the airport are nice touches but obviously not worth the cost alone .

If I was much younger I definitely go for it, even though now I qualify for the retirement option I have still been considering it for pure convenience.

Exactly my thoughts, i'm in my mid 30's so it's the best option anyway. The cash upfront is a bit annoying but the peace of mind is more important.

thanks all for the replies

Archived