IGNORED

How much would you need to retire at 50 to Pattaya?

tobeornottobe

I'm targeting $1Mio usd, 4% withdrawal rate, inflation adjusted $1.4Mio at retirement. I may have thought about this before :-D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't retire in Thailand. It's great for a holiday - everything in short bursts. Too much and you just ruin it. 

On this trip i was seeing ass everywhere and i was hardly battering an eye lid, became all too desensitized to it - knew i had to get out. 

Yep 2 month trips is the most I can stand. Yes get home and miss the place but I have decent life in London and would never swop that for Pattaya 24/7

• 3 weeks later...

I'm budgeting $7500 USD per month. Don't drink, smoke or party, so most will go to higher end living quarters and higher end food; with the rest going to higher end spinners. Have a 3 month plan where I will spend as if on a vacation. By then I'd have a real sense of what I actually NEED to spend instead of WANT to spend.

If I didn't go and have children I would be comfortably retired in Thailand for at least a few years already.

I agree with most of the mid-range estimates, I would say 100K baht is plenty for a 50-year-old single male to live very well on and afford maybe a couple of massages and 2 or 3 good nights out per week. A couple of LTs as well, maybe one from a gogo and one from a beer bar.

U.S.$500K would be the minimum IF you have a pension to fall back on once you hit 65. Otherwise US$1M.

Of course you can live far more cheaply than this. Or far more expensively.

I used a calculator to determine that I would need a minimum of 25.5 Million Baht to retire at 50, if I wanted to live as I currently do. IMO the US$500k being throw around is not enough if you plan to live to the average age. I think the thing that will kill the budget is health care as you age.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'm budgeting $7500 USD per month. Don't drink, smoke or party, so most will go to higher end living quarters and higher end food; with the rest going to higher end spinners. Have a 3 month plan where I will spend as if on a vacation. By then I'd have a real sense of what I actually NEED to spend instead of WANT to spend.

Lol, $7500 in a Third World Country where Joe Somchai Average makes $250 a month will get you the tightest pussy every night. Why do you want to stay in a shithole like Pattaya when you can live like a prince in something like Korea or Japan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much do you need. What kind of question is that.  One guy will be happy with $500/m and another feels like he is poor with $10,000

No shit.  depends on your needs. :Think1:

I used a spreadsheet to forecast my spending/costs to 85, factor in all your income, different pensions coming in at different times, play around with different exchange rates, factor in estimated inflation ( this is much more important than you think), I've assumed no growth in all my investments (i think they call this prudent - can go down as well as up you know) this will tell you how much you need, hopefully you have much more than that.

I'm forecasting 40 years ahead, that's not easy

If you have to sit there figuring and finagling how to do it, my advice is don't do it. :Cuss4:

Archived