IGNORED

Eating out vendors or restaurant?

chrissyboy76

Eat it all, you need to work out your immune system or it'll break down on you (According to George Carlin). There's always a pharmacy close by and some sweet little girl that will take care of you. I've had a couple of rough times, shooting from both ends. My wife went to the pharamacy and came back with at least 5 baggies. I was 100% the next day.

I eat at the night market over by Tesco on the weekends. There is some awesome fried pork and this one guy has the hottest food, it is great. I give him shit every week and ask if it's hot this week. There's a guy that sell fried chicken on soi post office, this is the best fried chicken I have ever had, seriously.

It's a hit and miss game, there's no gaurantee that you won't get sick in your home country either, so enjoy and try new things. I haven'y died yet, felt like it, but haven't.

Eat it all, you need to work out your immune system or it'll break down on you (According to George Carlin). There's always a pharmacy close by and some sweet little girl that will take care of you. I've had a couple of rough times, shooting from both ends. My wife went to the pharamacy and came back with at least 5 baggies. I was 100% the next day.

I eat at the night market over by Tesco on the weekends. There is some awesome fried pork and this one guy has the hottest food, it is great. I give him shit every week and ask if it's hot this week. There's a guy that sell fried chicken on soi post office, this is the best fried chicken I have ever had, seriously.

It's a hit and miss game, there's no gaurantee that you won't get sick in your home country either, so enjoy and try new things. I haven'y died yet, felt like it, but haven't.

If you require medical attention for eating spicy food then you lose total respect.

Dousing food with Chili does nothing to kill the germs.

Neither does putting alcohol in your drinks; nor does freezing.

Only fully cooking will protect you. But even that is lost when dirty hand touch the cooked food.

Watch how the food is kept and prepared. You can see the whole operation at a streetside vendor.

Get Hepatitis vaccinations and enjoy the food. Most of the other stuff won’t kill you. Unless it Blowfish or some other radical toxin.

• 1 month later...

I love thai food, and most of the time I eat from the vendors. Plus its dead-cheap, and you can spend your money on the girls.

But on my last trip my TG got me hooked on those frozen meals you buy in 7-eleven. Also dead-cheap and surprisingly good.

I eat from the vendors a lot.

Its cheap and usually good.

Though i'd avoid anything with high water content like noodles.

I tend to eat the meats, and chicken and rice.

They charge double price to falang in Walking Street.

This doesn't seem to happen in other places.

I often used them in Soi6 and never had them try it on me.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get it from anywhere you eat.

Be sensible - like no raw (shell) fish from a street cart.

I stay away from any precooked stuff also.

Boiled soups - bbqd meats kill lots of bugs.

Heat it to eat it helps lot.

Any drugstore has the proper atibiotics (cheap).

I keep a treatment with me at all times.

Can usually tell when I caught something.

Take the pills and it stops it before it starts.

S C

haave eaten street vendors and road side cafes (tin shed on side of road) Dont touch shellfish at all but pork, chicken, beef usually good with no side effects.

I had explosive bowel motions from street stalls in Pattaya opposite Big C! When I got to my hotel in Jomtien I destroyed the bathroom. That said, the food was delicious. Just make sure there is a source of running water and not a bucket only.