IGNORED

How much a month is enough ? pension etc

rob69uk

I guess this question is for ex-pats living in Patts.

A friend of mine has retired to Pattaya,he gets £800 sterling a month in pensions etc etc

If anybody else has retired to Patts I would love to know what standard of living you have and for how much.

Thanks

Robbie

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

800 x 63 = 50400

Doable easy depends on lifestyle,

condo 8k all in leaves 42400 /30 = 1400 a day he would need to spend 800 some days and build up cash reserve, but if he wants to drink and whore a lor he is fucked.

People live on that happy others live on double sad

This is a very open-ended question. IMHO, 50,000 baht/month is possible, but would most certainly not enable you to party night every day of the week. However, I know fellows who live here on 25,000 baht/month.

The first issue is accommodation. Do you want to buy a condo or house or do you intend to rent. I would most defintelly rent initially until such time you get familiar with the place. Obviously, if you rent, a fair propertion of you monthly income would disappear in rent and don't forget the exttras in aircon and water bills which can amount to a few thousand baht per month.

However, living here puts you in a very different situation to those who come here for a brief holiday. Those who come her for holidays will feel the need to got out every night and have some fun. After all, this is the reason they come here. As an expat, that need is not there. If you fancy a girl, you can take you time, the great advantage is that you have the time to get to know the girl as a person. Bersides, this reduces you expense quite dramatically.

My personal opinion and obviosly this cannot be a precise guide as everybody's needs vary is that you would need about 60,000 baht/month to live comfortably here. This assumes that you either pay a fairly reasonable rent, or you buy a condo or house and that you have to pay the fairly mandatory expenses like health and car/motorcycle insurance, medical insurance, TV entertainment and keep a reserve for unforseen circumstances.

The point is, though, that no matter how much anyone thinks they can live on in LOS, no one seems to factor in what ammounts are needed to show to Immigration that ALLOWS you to stay in Thailand for the duration.

That figure is............65,000 TBH a month in provable income (pensions/interest from savings etc)

Or 800,000 TBH in a THAI bank account for 3 months prior to applying for visa extension.

If you come up short with one of the above you can mix and match, but the ballpark figure is ...........65,000 a month.

OP would have to "mix and match" and, depending on exchange rates top up the bank account part on a regular basis.

Having said that, though, most people that retire on long term visas wont be out whoring each night and pissing their money away in bars each night either.

I have friends living there that live on a maximum of 35,000 a month average throughout the year, and do the things they would be doing back home, but in a more stress free environment.

Can't wait to do the same !!!!!

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

The point is, though, that no matter how much anyone thinks they can live on in LOS, no one seems to factor in what ammounts are needed to show to Immigration that ALLOWS you to stay in Thailand for the duration.

That figure is............65,000 TBH a month in provable income (pensions/interest from savings etc)

Or 800,000 TBH in a THAI bank account for 3 months prior to applying for visa extension.

If you come up short with one of the above you can mix and match, but the ballpark figure is ...........65,000 a month.

OP would have to "mix and match" and, depending on exchange rates top up the bank account part on a regular basis.

Having said that, though, most people that retire on long term visas wont be out whoring each night and pissing their money away in bars each night either.

I have friends living there that live on a maximum of 35,000 a month average throughout the year, and do the things they would be doing back home, but in a more stress free environment.

Can't wait to do the same !!!!!

Hedonist

I would be bored all that time no money............. fuck that 120k baht a month min for me

I would be bored all that time no money............. fuck that 120k baht a month min for me

Well, all i can say is if you have, or are planning to have a disposable long term income of that ammount then you are a very lucky man

Remember the OP asked about people RETIRING to Pattaya.

Most people from UK (where the OP and friend come from) who are of an age to retire would struggle to come up with 3/4 of your figure

Especially if they have spent a lot of their latter years whoring and so on in the place

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

More cash the better , i am sure that if you only spent cash on lice and loom you could get away with 16000 - 18000 tbh per month,who want to live like that in the LOS.

I think i would need that much per week to have a good time.

I have just had 6 weeks in Patts and had the best time total cost spending money 325000 thb, this was a holliday and went a bit wild as you do.

to be fair its something i think about a lot.

My line of thinking is would my company give a years unpaid leave and if i rented my house how much would i get ,minus morgage payments ect ect

I guess i`v got the blues for LOS big time

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

Well, all i can say is if you have, or are planning to have a disposable long term income of that ammount then you are a very lucky man

Remember the OP asked about people RETIRING to Pattaya.

Most people from UK (where the OP and friend come from) who are of an age to retire would struggle to come up with 3/4 of your figure

Especially if they have spent a lot of their latter years whoring and so on in the place

Hedonist

I disagree a decent pension will give you 1000 a few places rented out say 3 will give you 1800 thats 2800 before tax @ 20% = 2240 x 63 141k baht

Most of the people I know retired are in the above position as a minimum

I disagree a decent pension will give you 1000 a few places rented out say 3 will give you 1800 thats 2800 before tax @ 20% = 2240 x 63 141k baht

Most of the people I know retired are in the above position as a minimum

Well, most people that retire here DONT have a portfolio of but to let properties, but are just "ordinary joes"

Most people just have the "decent pension" you mentioned, plus, perhaps some meagre savings, or equity from a house sale

The figures you have quoted is MORE than the nett average salary for the UK......let alone pension (which, as you quote is defined as "decent" if it makes less than 65,000 TBH a month)

Most people brought up families that have grown up, and their spouses have either passed away, or screwed them in a divorce, and therefore cant match the figures of most of the people you know, cause all their cash went into the family unit. Now they are left with a stark choice: Eek out a megre living in home country, or live out a less meagre one in Thailand, or wherever.

Point is.....we all have to cut our coat according to our cloth. While you and i might be able to afford to live on twice as much as the visa requirement, most people dont have that luxury so live accordingly.

Hedonist

comming to pat. in november, goint have a look in pattaya addicts bar hope to met some new friends there , does anyone know how the beach as changed with the new rules recently.

Well, most people that retire here DONT have a portfolio of but to let properties, but are just "ordinary joes"

Most people just have the "decent pension" you mentioned, plus, perhaps some meagre savings, or equity from a house sale

The figures you have quoted is MORE than the nett average salary for the UK......let alone pension (which, as you quote is defined as "decent" if it makes less than 65,000 TBH a month)

Most people brought up families that have grown up, and their spouses have either passed away, or screwed them in a divorce, and therefore cant match the figures of most of the people you know, cause all their cash went into the family unit. Now they are left with a stark choice: Eek out a megre living in home country, or live out a less meagre one in Thailand, or wherever.

Point is.....we all have to cut our coat according to our cloth. While you and i might be able to afford to live on twice as much as the visa requirement, most people dont have that luxury so live accordingly.

Hedonist

Hed I cant quote for most, but the 5 guys I know wheo are retired there all have at least 2 properties paying then rent and have pensions, I can only quote from what I know.

So all the people I know who are retired are in the above situation, not short of a few bob.

• 2 months later...

75,000 baht would be perfect, Already have two condo in Jomtien...

INCOME

Renting out my home back in Ireland per month...... 25,000 baht

Getting Disabilty Allowance back home.................... 25,000 baht

my other condo rented...........................................20,000 baht

Private pension income............................................50,000 baht

Total....................................................120,000baht

EXPENDTURE

Foods monthy............................................................ 10,000 baht

Petrol and car...............................................................15,0000 baht

Good time ( pussy included)............................................40,000

Etc, emergency funds...................................................... 10,000 baht

Total......................................................................75,000 baht

Income.... 120,000 baht

Expencture.75,000 baht

Left over.... 45,000 baht

That my firm plan for the future... Hopefully :P

• 2 weeks later...

I am very afraid that I would just spend everything that I have just to live there. How can you guys get past all the girls ?

75,000 baht would be perfect, Already have two condo in Jomtien...

INCOME

Renting out my home back in Ireland per month...... 25,000 baht

Getting Disabilty Allowance back home.................... 25,000 baht

my other condo rented...........................................20,000 baht

Private pension income............................................50,000 baht

Total....................................................120,000baht

EXPENDTURE

Foods monthy............................................................ 10,000 baht

Petrol and car...............................................................15,0000 baht

Good time ( pussy included)............................................40,000

Etc, emergency funds...................................................... 10,000 baht

Total......................................................................75,000 baht

Income.... 120,000 baht

Expencture.75,000 baht

Left over.... 45,000 baht

That my firm plan for the future... Hopefully :P

• 7 months later...

50000 Bath a month is a nice sum to live in pattaya, but then you will have to adapt your lifestyle to a regular life and not live as a farang on holiday and boozy/shag all day than you will need a lot more!

maybe u can get some good tips on the next site from a guy who lives in chiang mai with 550$/month see at http://www.retire-on-550-month.com/.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Depends on your lifestyle but i think you can stay there with monthly 90,000bt. it is enough

I get bored of the partying after a few days, I find if you do it too much the excited gets zapped out of it.