IGNORED

VISA tourist

bolton69

I came in to thailand on a 60day tourist visa . I left thailand to go cambodea and got the 30 days on arivals . I need to extend it by 30 days more . What is the best way to do this . I am from the uk and come once every year thanks for any help

If I'm reading it right you got a single entry 60 day visa from uk. When you entered Cambodia you forfeit any days you have left.

When you re-entered Thailand you got a 30 day stamp.

Now the confusing bit....At the end of these 30 days you can go to Jomtien for a visa extension. We assume that you pay them 1900 bht and they give you 30 days. However, sometimes they will charge you 3000-5000 bht and we don't know why.

My theory is that anyone who goes to Jomtien with a valid 60 day stamp will get 30 days for 1900bht. As the military are trying to crackdown on people abusing the system, and coming into the country with a visa exemption ( as you have done from Cambodia ), they will only give you 7 days for 1900 bht. But if they can make a few quid out of you and it gets you 30 days, pay it.

Depends how greedy the lady in immigration is feeling that day. She did me for 3000 when it should of cost only 1900. I paid it because my passport is full up with stamps and she hinted the she'd make things hard for me.

If you haven't done it a lot then you should be fine. If you're worried maybe stick 3000 in with your paperwork but I don't think you'll need to.

Cheers sagitRirus. What if I fly to vietnam for 5 days then return will I get 30days on arivals thanks again bolton

Yes Mate, you will. But like I say, they are clamping down on it.

I think you will.

My mate extended His visa for 30 days the other day. He waited 6 hours before his turn came.

I came in to thailand on a 60day tourist visa . I left thailand to go cambodea and got the 30 days on arivals . I need to extend it by 30 days more . What is the best way to do this . I am from the uk and come once every year thanks for any help

Strange! You would normally do your 60 days, THEN extend 30 at Jomtien, THEN go to Cambodia for 30 more.

Archived