IGNORED

Steak and Co Our visit and review

It was time for a meeting with the bosses so we decided to have it over dinner here instead of at the bar for a change.

We arrived at 5 PM had a table booked but we were the only customers so the booking was un necessary.

We were approached with Menus shortly after being seated. Starters were 2 Smoked salmon and 2 prawn cocktails.

20150203_172704_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20150203_172811_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

The Salmon looked very pale in color so I was sure it must have been frozen product and the waitress confirmed it was indeed frozen it just lacked the Nice pink color of salmon. The two of them that had it did say it was ok nothing great but ok.

The Prawn cocktail was good no shortage of prawn in it the 2 of us that had it enjoyed it a note though there was a huge amount of cocktail sauce on it as can be seen in the photo. We were ok with that but some may prefer less or have it served on the side.

The bread served was ok no issues there

20150203_171300_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

3 of the 4 of us chose the 200g Fillet and I the 250g Ribeye.

20150203_174342_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20150203_174416_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20150203_174457_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20150203_174927_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

All the Steaks were great cooked as ordered all happy with the quality small issue was mine was a bit too salty but good none the less.

The Sides were Onion rings for me they were good no issues there. One had the potato wedges and was happy with those as well.

20150203_174424_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

Sorry no photo of the wedges.

Vegetables and Mashed potatoes were not so great The Mash potatoes were instant not fresh and at the price paid for the meal found that to be unacceptable really. The Vegetables were cooked so the Carrots were still very hard and the Zucchini almost at the mushy stage.

20150203_174441_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

The side salad had no choice of dressing instead came drenched in what appeared to be a house oil and vinegar dressing but was over laden with oil not so nice.

20150203_174355_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

Sauces were not commented on I did not have one but the others seemed ok with them

we had no desserts

The Bill

20150203_182648_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg 

The group agreed we would rate the experience here a 3

Everyone sees things different this was how our group saw it on Tuesday evening

A note we were the only customers at 5PM we left at 6:20pm and no other customers had arrived. I walked from the Restaurant to Beach road Via Soi Diana made a point to pass Beefeaters it was full not an empty table in or outside.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

3 out of ?????????

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

3 out of ?????????

Sorry three out of five and that was solely based on the steaks

babydollsaddict.gif

Fair enough .... thanks for taking the time to review and post.

Hope the boss paid for the meal. 555  :GoldenSmile1:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yep company picked up the bin for it

babydollsaddict.gif

Yes

babydollsaddict.gif

Very brave to give that establishment a bad review . Won't visit there if I were you . I have never tried there because of the reviews on other thread . Went to Beefeater with other BM here on new year eve night , spend 1350 bt for three course , still hungry afterward . Not satisfied with its quantity , I think it is because of special night menu . Limited bookings on that night . Patricks and Cherry is my favourite if going for steak . Steak for two at Patricks for 1,300 bt is excellent.

Very brave to give that establishment a bad review . Won't visit there if I were you . I have never tried there because of the reviews on other thread . Went to beefeater with other BM here on new year eve night , spend 1350 bt for three course , still hungry afterward . Not satisfied with its quantity , I think it is because of special night menu . Limited bookings on that night . Patricks and Cherry is my favourite if going for steak . Steak for two at Patricks for 1,300 bt is excellent.

Brave? not sure I understand it was an honest unbiased review agreed upon by everybody that had dinner there with us I am not telling anyone to avoid it it has gotten some very good reviews. I am just reporting how we saw it

babydollsaddict.gif

The Mash potatoes were instant not fresh and at the price paid for the meal found that to be unacceptable really. 

I wonder how many times I have read this, in reviews of Steak & Co.

As you say, totally unacceptable, and very lazy.

And thanks for the Review.

sorry but sides look awful...side salad and side vegetables must look more fresh and portions are small

I would like to thank soi 7 for his honest review. I had heard good things about the place in the past however being on the pricey side. Given soi 7 review and pics i am glad i have avoided the place until now and will continue to do so

I used to stay in China garden and always support this establishment, yet after couple of meals at steak & co; I can say that they've something wrong with their price/product model, you could get the same meal that costs 1000 baht there in other places for little more half of that price, not that that their food is not good; but for that price you expect superb quality which is not always the case, for examole Patrick's gives way better quality for about 75% of the price.

I,ve lived/stayed in this area nearly 7 years and in the early stages of setting up this business (page 36 or thereabouts) I expressed my concerns about it from a business point of view especially after the menu and prices were presented on this forum I walk by daily and for the life of me I cannot see how they are making money its a great pity from the owner Ian,s point of view as he was passionate about its potential and put so much effort and money into this venture.......sorry but his business strategy was flawed..........soi Lengkee and nearby are the wrong places for high-end restaurants such as this..........many have tried before without success.

I,ve lived/stayed in this area nearly 7 years and in the early stages of setting up this business (page 36 or thereabouts) I expressed my concerns about it from a business point of view especially after the menu and prices were presented on this forum I walk by daily and for the life of me I cannot see how they are making money its a great pity from the owner Ian,s point of view as he was passionate about its potential and put so much effort and money into this venture.......sorry but his business strategy was flawed..........soi Lengkee and nearby are the wrong places for high-end restaurants such as this..........many have tried before without success.

'Many have tried before....' e.g just ask the owners at La Cerise.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I ate there three times in September and really enjoyed myself .

however I do wonder if the mash was real potato or otherwise based on soi7*s experiences . the salad looks bland on the pic , and the cocktail looks very unappetising based on the photo and my preferences  ,

again , when I was there the steak was 100 % perfect . however at this stage and based on your and cerbuses *s reviews I would hesitate to spend 1000/1200 baht there again and more importantly waste an opportunity for a good meal  elsewhere. it is really sad to have to say this as I expected their meals to improve ( to possibly 125%) rather than disimprove .

if some genuine  good reviews are posted here I may return in two weeks !

I've eaten there a couple of times and always had great food and was very happy with it. It seems the reviews of late are not so great, maybe it's gone downhill a little?

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Archived