IGNORED

The Coins "soi buakhow"

wobblyjohn

Previously Eat Well owned by Maleez Lodge has become THE COINS, the owners are from acoross the road

Apparently the 18 coins hotel wanted to increase the rent by 60% so they moved accross the road to what is now The Coins, they have the same menu and same prices and daily specials posted on a board outside

I think they are in the process of making a phone app and website with a forum attached, hopefully soon I can see what the special is before leaving home

In the old place people have said the service was too slow, that was due to having a very small kitchen area but last sunday I went for lunch in THE COINS with the missus and both our meals arrived twice as fast as they used to and within seconds of each other, which they never did previously accross the road

It looks like the owners of the 18 coins opened their restaurant but from what I saw it only had 2 customers at lunchtime, I think they are trying to attract chinese tour groups, which I suppose makes sense as the owners I believe are Chinese/Thai

IMO the hotel has shot itself in the foot

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Well I pass by at least twice a day, and from what I seen during those fleeting glimpses is of the 18 Coins doing better trade than The Coins.

Well I pass by at least twice a day, and from what I seen during those fleeting glimpses is of the 18 Coins doing better trade than The Coins.

Maybe they took that bitch of a LB waitress with them!

And all the inconsiderate smokers ?

Hopefully.

And all the inconsiderate smokers ?

Hopefully.

What about all the inconsiderate non smokers who bitch and whine and put me off my food?

Hopefully.

What about all the inconsiderate non smokers who bitch and whine and put me off my food?

Hopefully.

Do what I do, don't go back.

The LB with giant arse, obviously with medical assistance in creating it has been at Jockys for quite some time now.

Still the same miserable up itself.person and more interested in their phone than customers, to the point of extreme rudeness or ignorance.

Several days ago Jockys daily special was 2 pieces of pork loin with veg and gravy for 149 baht, the pork loin was a toddlers portion but I suppose almost reasonable for the price, note the word "almost"

The LB was sitting at a table engrossed in her phone when another customer arrived, my food arrived within 10 minutes of ordering it and, without rushing I had finished it under 5 (I went for another meal elsewhere directly afterwards as I was still hungry). The other customer, it was late afternoon, walked straight over to the LB  and said something like "Hi how are you", he was ignored, He then said something else, in a friendly jovial way, this caused the LB to look up at him, scowl and say "Go sit down I bring menu" and then immediately returned to staring at the phone. The guy was obviously highly embarrassed but did as ordered..

I indicated that I wanted to pay and the LB came over and took my bill and money then returned with the change. When I left the guy still hadn't been given a menu.

What iI find rather strange but merely in passing as this is not only non of my business but I don't care really why, is that.......................

Jockys is owned by the guy that ran 18 Coins restaurant, now that it has moved across the street why has he called it "The Coins" and not something else as 18 Coins still serves food.

The reason or motivation for that puzzles me, but hey................so what

The old 18 coins menu was the same as Jockys and now "The Coins" is, actually its slightly more expensive for the same stuff.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I stayed in 18 coins 2 weeks ago. The restaurant downstairs was reasonably busy at all times of the day when I walked through.

12 Pints in Know it all

The LB with giant arse, obviously with medical assistance in creating it has been at Jockys for quite some time now.

Thanks for all that.

I thought it would have been impossible for the service in Jocky's to get any worse than it was.

Looks like I was wrong.

I have eaten at jockeys twice, the food and service were both quite good, but the LB was not working at the time.

She needs her fat ass fired.

Archived