IGNORED

Passport's about full- Options?

likethaigirls

Hi, I hope I didn't post in the wrong forum.

1. My passport is full, except for one blank visa page and one page 1/4 full (2 stamps on it.)

2. I just got a 2 month TR Visa , valid to end Mar, 2015.

4. If I go back to Cambodia for another 2 month Thai TR Visa, at the end of March, I'll be left with one *incomplete* page for my Thai visa, as mentioned above, because Cambodian visas also take a full passport page. I surmise my Thai visa would be denied, due to lack of passport space.

5. If I go to Jomtien Immigration, will they slap a full page sticker (which I don't have room for) on my passport? And again denied?

6. The only other option I can think of is; after my 2 months is up, is do a 30 day visa run again, because I did a visa run before, and they didn't put a full page sticker in my passport, just only 2 stamps.

7. Or can I do a visa run, since past experience shows they don't put a full- page sticker, just 2 stamps?

Whaddya know?

Go to your Embassy and get a new passport.

They will tell you what to do about your current visa - get it transferred to new passport etc.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Cambodia has also got an E visa . Doesn't take a whole page , only in/out stamps . 

Can you have extra pages added to existing passport?

What passport do you hold? This information will allow people to give you an idea of options.

The sure fire way is to get a new passport but depending on your nationality it will take some time. I just got a new Australian passport from the Bangkok embassy and it took a little over a week.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Most countries allow for extra pages, go to your countries web site and check. If they do allow you can get it done at an embassy for your country.

Meant to say..

If you're British it would be quicker to walk back to the UK to get a new passport than use the Embassy, so hope you're another nationality!

Never heard of being able to get extra pages added to a UK passport.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I have heard of being able to exchange a passport for another one with more pages. But I have never heard of being able to get extra pages added to an existing one.

I have heard of being able to exchange a passport for another one with more pages. But I have never heard of being able to get extra pages added to an existing one.

More countries has the extra page service e g the US http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/services/pages.html

I just returned from Cambodia and didn't have a full page available when I arrived there. They gave me a hard time of course but after I gave the officer $20 he applied the visa over one of pages full of stamps. When I went through Suvarnabhumi the officer wasn't going to let me in until his supervisor told him 3 times to put the stamp over the four corners of other stamps. Just my luck the American Embassy is closed the last Friday of every month so I will have to wait till Monday to get extra pages put in it. I believe it is around $85 for them but worth it to not get stuck in a airport. Also they can install the extra pages while you wait, usually about a hour. Hope this helps somebody to not make the same mistake. I am supposed to be in Angeles City now but the girls in Bangkok are helping me get through my waiting period LoL.

More countries has the extra page service e g the US http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/services/pages.html

This is the last year you will be able to add pages to a US passport. There is a new design being issued starting in 2016 and adding extra pages will no longer be an option.

Cambodia has an E Visa which doesn't take a whole page, and when I did a visa run in 10/2014, there was no whole-page sticker, either. Just 2 stamps.

Question: If I use up my 2 month TR Visa, can I keep entering Thailand indefinitely either by doing visa runs or Cambodia E Visas?

Cambodia has an E Visa which doesn't take a whole page, and when I did a visa run in 10/2014, there was no whole-page sticker, either. Just 2 stamps.

Question: If I use up my 2 month TR Visa, can I keep entering Thailand indefinitely either by doing visa runs or Cambodia E Visas?

p.s. I'm on a Canadian passport.

I just returned from Cambodia and didn't have a full page available when I arrived there. They gave me a hard time of course but after I gave the officer $20 he applied the visa over one of pages full of stamps. When I went through Suvarnabhumi the officer wasn't going to let me in until his supervisor told him 3 times to put the stamp over the four corners of other stamps. Just my luck the American Embassy is closed the last Friday of every month so I will have to wait till Monday to get extra pages put in it. I believe it is around $85 for them but worth it to not get stuck in a airport. Also they can install the extra pages while you wait, usually about a hour. Hope this helps somebody to not make the same mistake. I am supposed to be in Angeles City now but the girls in Bangkok are helping me get through my waiting period LoL.

Being stuck in airports is a drag, but all in all I think you you were lucky! $20 to the officer? Cambodian Tourist visas cost $30!!

p.s. I'm on a Canadian passport.

You can't add pages to a Canadian passport (link).

Here is information on getting a passport in Bangkok: Passport Services The page states that it takes 20 working days to process an application.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

you could get a 30 ext at jomtien it is a normal stamp and does not take up much room that would give u 30 days and save a border run. cost 1,900 bht plus 1 photo and a couple of photo copies

You can't add pages to a Canadian passport (link).

Here is information on getting a passport in Bangkok: Passport Services The page states that it takes 20 working days to process an application.

Thank You, S.B!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got it sorted now. Scumbag is correct re: Canadian passports. No adding pages; 20 working days to process.

Archived