IGNORED

ISP

johnhuk

I noticed a topic about broadband speeds in Pattaya in another thread and wondered if anyone had any info about East Pattaya, I'm planning to move there in the next few months and trying to find the best & most reliable provider.

image.jpg

4101257326.png

FYI - if you use wifi rather than plugging into the router (which I do) you get this result; 

4101260005.png

Slow internet in Thailand? PLug it in to the box. 

LOL There should only be about a 30% improvement. Better move that router away from your leaky microwave oven.

Retired

4101257326.png

FYI - if you use wifi rather than plugging into the router (which I do) you get this result; 

4101260005.png

Shouldn't see that much of a speed difference between the router and WiFi. Wonder if someone else is tapping into your WiFi and sucking up bandwidth?

4101257326.png

4101260005.png

Is that using a fiber optic or asdl connection?

Not my biggest concern no, but I will be there over Chinese New Year, will finish the paperwork and pick up the keys then and will be back and forth a few times before moving permently in a few months time so wanted to find the best one so I can sort it then.

Dedicated fibre line on Cicso Router. 

There is no one else on it, and it is not next to a microwave etc. I had the True people out several times about it, but then realised that is makes no difference. Highest I got it off of cable was 25mb 

Quite happy to turn wifi off though and use a cable;  my balls start to burn if they get any where near a device soaking up wifi lol 

4101257326.png

4101260005.png

The TRUE CISCO router has a really bad WIFI.

When I was using the 3BB WIFI router, my speed was 12-13mbps (>30mbps when I was plugging directly to the ethernet cable).

If you want to have the ethernet speed on WIFI, you'll have to purchase a good WIFI router as this one (1999 bahts):

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/wireless-networking/asus/high-power-wireless-n300-3-in-1-router-ap-range-extender-with-2-x-9dbi-antennas-p014424/

Then you'll have to configure the ASUS WIFI routeur as an "Access Point".

Another advantage of this routeur is that it has a large range: I can go in my garden, more than 50 meters from my routeur, and I still have > 30mpbs speed on WIFI. And when you are living in the darkside, you have a garden so it's really usefull !

Archived