Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Coin machine on the Darkside

loader

Hi guys,

I have a shitload of coins that i want to change up. I know i could probably take into a bank but there are about 5 tins of the stuff and will take forever.

Does anyone know if there are any of those coin machines around here or actually even anywhere in Pattaya ? You know the ones where you can just pour the coins in and the machines seperates them all out and gives you cash or prints out a receipt to take to the counter.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I have a shitload of coins that i want to change up. I know i could probably take into a bank but there are about 5 tins of the stuff and will take forever.

Does anyone know if there are any of those coin machines around here or actually even anywhere in Pattaya ? You know the ones where you can just pour the coins in and the machines seperates them all out and gives you cash or prints out a receipt to take to the counter.

Thanks in advance

I've never seen them. They don't even have (or maybe let you use) coin counting machines in banks either. On top of this, most banks say that anything above 2000  baht in coins deposited, they charge you to accept! You also have to have them in the right bags with the right quantity as well so no matter what you need to count and separate them. 

I had a water bottle (the big big ones) full of coins. IN the end I spent a morning counting them with the missus and over a few weeks dropped them off in 2000 baht lots into my bank accounts (2 in SCB and 1 in BKK bank). Since that hassle, I spend coins before notes, especially the setang ones. 

If you have a monstrous amount then you can buy a coin counting machine in office mate. 

Or, hand it to a local charity. 

I always end up with a lot of coins as well after a few months . I usually make a deal with a girl .

I can give you 1000/1500 in paper or take the coins , they always go for the coins .  

There is a place on Sukhimvit Road in the Nakula area, that is responsible for going around and emptying the coins from the ToT telephone booths and they have at about 20 coin counting machines.  When I used to have my internet cafe and needed 5 and 10 baht coins by the sack full, I would go in there and get an even trade of several thousand baht.  But I don't know if they will take in coins and hand you over 100, 500, 1000 baht notes, might be worth a try though.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.972764,100.912182,3a,75y,315.05h,88.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdllATZofE_W9RGyEhSSFUw!2e0

why did I read this thread as "colon machine"?  and why did I find that interesting?  hmmm

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

• 6 months later...

I go to the supplies store and got me some plastic bags and rubber bands, I usually have 4-5 baht of coins at the end or the month. I bag them up in 100 baht each and take them to a number of 7/11 been doing this for years never had a problem getting rid of them.

Archived