Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do I need a visa for the US.

mikehunt69

I hold a British passport but live in Thailand.

Do I still qualify for the visa waiver programme?

Any experiences with this?

Do I need a tourist visa?

Currently, many British citizens traveling on a valid, individual machine readable passport, with a return or onward ticket, and who are staying for less than 90 days, qualify for the Visa Waiver Program and can travel visa-free with only an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Totally depend on purpose of your travel.

For mongering 30 days in Las Vegas; No. 

For employment : Yes

This is what I thought.I have done a bit of research into various governemnt websites and if you are a British national living abroad you don't qualify for the ESTA(another fuckin scam).  I was just hoping for some experience from other boardies.

Best to go and get the B2.

Thanks for the replies.

You also need a visa for employment by the way.

This is what I thought.I have done a bit of research into various governemnt websites and if you are a British national living abroad you don't qualify for the ESTA(another fuckin scam).  I was just hoping for some experience from other boardies.

Best to go and get the B2.

Thanks for the replies.

how would the US  know where you are living?  if you just show up with your passport, wouldn't you be able to get the visa waiver like any other Brit?  

Once I got the lass her 10 year multi entrance for the USA I went online followed the instructions and got clearance for myself almost instantly. British passport holder but did not want to go to all that travel expense and then run into trouble when it is so easy to check.  :Evil_Grin2:

Once I got the lass her 10 year multi entrance for the USA I went online followed the instructions and got clearance for myself almost instantly. British passport holder but did not want to go to all that travel expense and then run into trouble when it is so easy to check.  :Evil_Grin2:

Cerberus

Can you explain what you did online for me please.

Did you fly from and return to Thailand without a visa.

I'm still corresponding with the consulate in Bangkok,just waiting for a solid answer.

how would the US  know where you are living?  if you just show up with your passport, wouldn't you be able to get the visa waiver like any other Brit?  

Good point.

This is what I thought at first but after reading through the procedure it may be different if you are a British subject living overseas.

Cerberus

Can you explain what you did online for me please.

Did you fly from and return to Thailand without a visa.

I'm still corresponding with the consulate in Bangkok,just waiting for a solid answer.

Went online to their website and there are directions there if you are a british passport holder. Merely put my details into an online form and that was it. I believe that it does an electronic check to see if you are undesirable and thats it. was really simple last port of departure was not mentioned.

Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)

The VWP allows most British Citizen passport holders to visit the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey permissible under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country. If you have a British passport that describes your nationality as something other than ‘British Citizen’, or if your passport has been extended by 12 months under exceptional measure put in place in mid 2014, you don’t qualify for entry to the US under the VWP and you’ll need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

Travel under the VWP is restricted to travellers with passports that includecertain security features. If you have doubts about whether you’re eligible to enter the US under the VWP (eg if you have a criminal record or have been arrested even if it didn’t result in a conviction), or about visa matters generally, contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for advice.

Those travelling under the VWP arriving by air or sea should provide details online at least 72 hours before travel. This is known as an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation or ESTA. If you do not have an ESTA you’ll be refused travel to the USA. If you’re arriving by land, you do not need to complete an ESTA before you arrive at the border. Getting an ESTA is a separate process to providing your airline with advance passenger information (details of your passport, country of residence, address of your first night’s accommodation in the US etc). For more information, and to apply online, visit the officialESTA website.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Thanks.

I pm'd you the response I got from the embassy in Bangkok.

:GoldenSmile1:

Archived