Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Hot Tuna Bar! Rock N' Roll Bar!

DaytonaMonger

If you like live Rock music this place has a great band that performs nightly. Sometimes the players in the band will swap out and allow other musicians to play and sing but they are quite entertaining. 

The only bad side is the bar doesn't appear to have any women working other than in a waitress role and the beer is 120 baht which is expensive for a non girlie bar. 

My plan of attack for this bar is to order one beer and a shisha pipe at 200 baht. That shisha will last a couple hours and the bar takes care of keeping the coals hot for you. 

The bar is located mid Walking Street!

Whether its a girly bar doesn't really matter, musicians have to be paid.

Thats not too bad for a WS live music bar.

:)

Whether its a girly bar doesn't really matter, musicians have to be paid.

Thats not too bad for a WS live music

:Clap9: :Clap9: :Clap9: I can full agree with you mate.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

If you like live Rock music this place has a great band that performs nightly. Sometimes the players in the band will swap out and allow other musicians to play and sing but they are quite entertaining. 

The only bad side is the bar doesn't appear to have any women working other than in a waitress role and the beer is 120 baht which is expensive for a non girlie bar. 

My plan of attack for this bar is to order one beer and a shisha pipe at 200 baht. That shisha will last a couple hours and the bar takes care of keeping the coals hot for you. 

The bar is located mid walking street!

If you want to save some cash buy beer from the 7/11 and hang out on the footpath and watch the band!

If you want to save some cash buy beer from the 7/11 and hang out on the footpath and watch the band!

That happens all the time at my my mates bar, we used to all sit in a line with our backs to the street to try to block the view from the pavement watchers.

120B is the average price for a Heineken beer in a band venue on Walking street, Coconut bar is around 150B, Zab and Stone bar around 170B!

Coconut bar?

When I had Blues Factory open Heineken was 135bht and had been for years, San Mig was 125bht.

170bht is taking the piss IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm frugal. But I"m not a cheapy cheap charlie that I would get a beer from 7/11 and watch from outside the bar. Hence why I order 1 or 2 beers...(the bar has to make money if I want to see the band perform again right?) and grab a shisha pipe for 200 baht. 

• 3 months later...

I agree that the music is good at hot tuna (although a wee bit repetitive) One suggestion I made to management was to try serving COLD beer as I've been served warm beer once too often so now I get my music fix at blues factory and sky bar.Veering off topic for a second , I was in blues factory in march and they now have some pretty hostesses and it looks like a Russian manageress or owner? She was making sure the girls were keeping busy chatting to the customers. I was with my girl so they left us alone (great band) :7of10Score:

keeping the dream alive !!!

That happens all the time at my my mates bar, we used to all sit in a line with our backs to the street to try to block the view from the pavement watchers.

that's taking cheap Charlie to the extreme. why bother going on holiday at all if you can't afford to buy a beer in a music bar  :Think1:

keeping the dream alive !!!

that's taking cheap Charlie to the extreme. why bother going on holiday at all if you can't afford to buy a beer in a music bar  :Think1:

Luckily Blues Factory had doors so it was never a problem. :)

I agree that the music is good at hot tuna (although a wee bit repetitive) One suggestion I made to management was to try serving COLD beer as I've been served warm beer once too often so now I get my music fix at blues factory and sky bar.Veering off topic for a second , I was in blues factory in march and they now have some pretty hostesses and it looks like a Russian manageress or owner? She was making sure the girls were keeping busy chatting to the customers. I was with my girl so they left us alone (great band) :7of10Score:

The Owner of Blues Factory is now Tony of "Tonys" disco and Gyms.

Don't like the hostess thing too much, I had them before but only to seat customers and not to try to get drinks (ok if the customer wanted to buy them a drink then fine.

• 1 year later...

I love Hot Tuna Bar, found it last year and spent time there with my girl before hitting Insomnia.

I play in bands too so that kind of bar is my scene.

I did see Lam there this time too.

Archived