Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extension of stay on retirement visa

bertik

Yesterday I was told at immigration that in addition to an affidavit of income I also needed a bank statement, even though my proof of income affidavit exceeded 65K monthly threshold. In the past the POI was sufficient. Immigration told me there are now new rules. I have not seen these new rules for retirement extention of stay published anywhere. Does anyone know of new rules regarding this?

• 4 months later...

Hi. My experience at Jomtien/Pattaya for "Retirement Extension" this Wednesday May 27th:

Required documents for my case (Retirement Ext. with proof of revenues)

- TM.7 filled, signed, with photo

- Embassy Attestation (revenues > 65'000 baht/month)

- Passport copies:

- - data page (name, photo, ...)

- - last Extension stamp

- - initial Non-O Visa (or page with transfer on new passport)

- - entry stamp + TM.6 (Departure Card)

- Proof of address : Electric bill is ok

- Bank Passbook (copy of first and last page)

- 1'900 baht fee

Nota:

- The utility bill was already asked to me last year

- It's the first ever time I have to show a Bank Passbook !

PS: Arrived at about 8:05am, the place nearly empty. I was out at 8:14am :)

Yesterday I was told at immigration that in addition to an affidavit of income I also needed a bank statement, even though my proof of income affidavit exceeded 65K monthly threshold. In the past the POI was sufficient. Immigration told me there are now new rules. I have not seen these new rules for retirement extention of stay published anywhere. Does anyone know of new rules regarding this?

My guess is that they just want to ensure that you actually have a Thai bank account from which you can withdraw funds, and not necessarily interested in the actual amount in that account if you meet the 65K test.

Hi. Just wondering. where are you from? Are you from the states? Because I've been told that the U.S citizen are exempt from proof of bank statements in the past..and that a letter from U.S consulate was good enough. Am I correct?

thank you

Hi. Just wondering. where are you from? Are you from the states? Because I've been told that the U.S citizen are exempt from proof of bank statements in the past..and that a letter from U.S consulate was good enough. Am I correct?

thank you

The Embassy affadavit is all that is officially required but they have the option of asking for more evidence of financial staus at the discretion of the officer you're dealing with. The last time I used the income affidavit they also made me get a letter from my bank stating the current account balance (and showing deposits from overseas) . I'm also from the US and I think in this case being from the US doesn't help since I'm pretty sure that Thai immigration knows that the US Embassy does not require any proof of income for us to get the notarized income affadavit. Many other countries make their citizens actually provide prrof of income.

If you don't have a Thai bank account they might be let it go or they might ask for some eveidence that you are bringing your money in from overseas and not working here illegally.

On the information sheet produced by immigration at Udon Thani it states all the things that you need for an extension, then at the bottom it states " any other documents required by the immigration officer."  This leaves the door wide open for the immigration to ask for any papers that might make it difficult for you.  Last time for the married visa I was asked for the letter from the embassy that said I was free to marry in Thailand!!  Normally this is just handed to the people where you are legally married.  I had to go and ask them for a copy, they were really good and efficient plus gave me the origional and made copies for them to keep. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

Hi. My experience at Jomtien/Pattaya for "Retirement Extension" this Wednesday May 27th:

Required documents for my case (Retirement Ext. with proof of revenues)

- TM.7 filled, signed, with photo

- Embassy Attestation (revenues > 65'000 baht/month)

- Passport copies:

- - data page (name, photo, ...)

- - last Extension stamp

- - initial Non-O Visa (or page with transfer on new passport)

- - entry stamp + TM.6 (Departure Card)

- Proof of address : Electric bill is ok

- Bank Passbook (copy of first and last page)

- 1'900 baht fee

Nota:

- The utility bill was already asked to me last year

- It's the first ever time I have to show a Bank Passbook !

PS: Arrived at about 8:05am, the place nearly empty. I was out at 8:14am :)

Everyone's experience will vary....TiT

I went to Jomtien Immigration today (10 August) to apply for an extension (2nd extension) to my non-immigration oa visa ("retirement visa").

I was not asked for proof of address nor was I asked to provide a bank passport (my income affidavit from the US Embassy in Bangkok was sufficient).

Pick-up my passport tommorow after 1000.

Told the Immigration Officer I knew theRoadWarrior thinking I might not have to pay the 1900 baht fee...no freebies here...5555555.

I arrived at the Immigration Office at 0845 and was out at 0850.

Archived