IGNORED

Good food around soi 7?

Anyone know of a decent place near soi 7, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, preferably closer to 2nd road,

Staying there for 11 Days with no breakfast incl, Im mostly for good thai food or steak.

2nd road end of Soi 7 there's and Irish pub and an English pub. Both quite decent.

Closer to the Beach Rd end, if you walk down a little 'cut-through' there's the Globetrotter Scandinavian restaurant - also does decent pizza.

I'll try to find the links.

Edit:

http://www.rosieogradyspattaya.com/index.html

http://www.pigandwhistlepattaya.com

http://www.globetrotter-thai.com

There's also the Pink Lady if you turn left when you get to Beach Road if you want fairly cheap Thai food.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Anyone know of a decent place near soi 7, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, preferably closer to 2nd road,

Staying there for 11 Days with no breakfast incl, Im mostly for good thai food or steak.

dont worry loads of places in and around 7, just walk down the soi and around the area,they all do thai ,try "seaside" just past teq reef (good for steak,tex mex), soi on the right,sea end or try into 2 road good german,and over 2 road good thai food either side of" soi new plaza"

Try Domicil on BR between soi 7 and soi 8. Somebody talk about Olala on soi 7. Somebody like SeaSide somebody hate.Nobody has the same look and quality assessment.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Always like pig and whistle. Good pot pie if I remember right. Tequila reef is ok unless you grew up with real Mexican. I stay at flipper and eat around there most of the time. If you get down beach road the place just before Walking Street over the water is really good as well. Lots of girls and great food.

Kebab cart... :)

I like seaside...

Otherwise cross second rd, and head to 'Everyday is Fryday'... Newplaza (cross 2nd rd and to the left)... Excellent fish & chips... (open after 2pm)

I've heard Golden Ferret (sp?) is also excellent... but I have not been there yet..

Both are on the left side of New Plaza...

Pig & Whistle would be my choice for Breakfast on Soi 7.

As Saddic says, cross over to New Plaza, both the Golden Ferret and Everyday is a Fryday are good.

Avoid Tequila Reef !

Sailors Bar Soi 8, love it or hate it, still the best potato salad and cordon blue in town @120B!

post-82617-0-11751400-1422063985_thumb.jpg

I recomend Olala, its the middle of soi 7 next to the pig and whistle. Big menu, good breakfast also decent place to have dinner, both good western and thai food plus reasonably priced.

• 3 weeks later...

Sailor's bar Soi8 at least for the breakfast. Very affordable food and pretty fast service.

Being Swedish the OP should go see Lars at  Globetroters, he is the Granddaddy of Swedish meatball open sandwiches!

nixonsbest: im more for trying other stuff when im traveling but thats good to know if i want something from home once in a while.. :-)

Sailors bar 8 seems like many people recomend so gonna check that place out and Olala..

nixonsbest: im more for trying other stuff when im traveling but thats good to know if i want something from home once in a while.. :-)

Sailors bar 8 seems like many people recomend so gonna check that place out and Olala..

Here is a good map on restaurants with reviews!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zxcFzB698YEg.kbhItz0iYtTM

• 1 month later...

The breakfast is good in Rosie's. I used to go there every day for a fry up. I then discover "the butchers arms" on soi baukhao next door to pooks ladyboy bar by far the best breakfast in pattaya and it's only 149 baht

Would also recommend Rosie OGrady as someone mentioned above, great breakfast.

Olala is my regular lunch destination. Good food at a decent price. They do pretty good Thai food as well.

Countdown Clocks

I recomend Olala, its the middle of soi 7 next to the pig and whistle. Big menu, good breakfast also decent place to have dinner, both good western and thai food plus reasonably priced.

Olala is my regular lunch destination. Good food at a decent price. They do pretty good Thai food as well.

BM Blackshirt had the steak there and said it was very good!

• 2 weeks later...

They have a wide selection of Norwegian (maybe Danish?) food as well. It's pretty solid

Countdown Clocks

• 4 weeks later...

Just had breakfast at pig and whistle. It was garbage. For 135 baht coffee not included. So the total was 195 b. There way better options. For a couple baht more you can go to cafe pascal buffet. Unlimted coffe, latte,s or capuccione

avoid golden ferret steak and chips the worst ever have to say seaside off the 7 excellent value and great food lot in between but each to there own

Archived