IGNORED

Driving Range in Pattaya?

Bush-Hack

Hi

are there any driving ranges in Pattaya?

Only one I know of is right next to the Pattaya sports club ...3rd road I think.

We always walk to the sports club from our hotel in Soi 2, not actually in 3rd road from memory.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Thanks Facanal.

Diana Driving Range 3rd rd and a big one Greenway near Macro on Sukumvit

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Driving range is on the corner of 3rd Road and the street leading to Pattaya Sports Club.  It is close to the north end of 3rd Road not far from Pattaya Nua.  You can see the high netting from 3rd Road. 

Common sense is not very common.

I always knew there was a driving range around that area when I used to stay in a soi 2 hotel and I could see the high nets, what are the prices there like? Anyone know?

If you are a PSC member just increased to 45 baht a tray - I think 30 balls?

If non PSC either 50 or 55.

Just the other day I also noticed there is a range along Soi Siam CC road - called the 300 yard range or similar. On the left as you go east out of Pattaya but before the cross roads with lights with the Tesco Lotus. Set back quite a bit from the road and I only noticed because I spotted the nets.

http://www.tprgolfacademy.com/

The upper deck is the academy bit. Fenced off at the end so max is about 200 yards to the end fence.

Mats on the upper deck are excellent. Ball price is the same lower / upper.  There is a bunker area of sorts to the left of the range as well. Not the most pristine bunker in the world but does the job.

Relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and always food and drink available from the shop on the ground floor.

The star of the show is the ball collector - you'll know why when you see it.

www.paradise-pattaya.com lists 7 ranges. I used to use the one on Sukhumvit right opposite pattaya klang (now called Pride Range) so easy to get to on a public baht bus

• 3 months later...

Have tried the range near the Pattaya sports club. Ok, but facility and balls very poor. Just hit a big bucket of balls at Diana Driving Range. Much much better. Good quality balls and mats. 50bht for 40 balls. Pro shop and cafe. Open 0700 to 2200. Only down side is 180 yards to back net.

http://www.tprgolfacademy.com/

The upper deck is the academy bit. Fenced off at the end so max is about 200 yards to the end fence.

Mats on the upper deck are excellent. Ball price is the same lower / upper.  There is a bunker area of sorts to the left of the range as well. Not the most pristine bunker in the world but does the job.

Relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and always food and drink available from the shop on the ground floor.

The star of the show is the ball collector - you'll know why when you see it.

By the way this range had some bad storm damage last month and is currently not operable - the nets came down!

Andrew from TPR reckoned at least another month in his last email.

Have tried the range near the Pattaya sports club. Ok, but facility and balls very poor. Just hit a big bucket of balls at Diana Driving Range. Much much better. Good quality balls and mats. 50bht for 40 balls. Pro shop and cafe. Open 0700 to 2200. Only down side is 180 yards to back net.

They must have reduced their prices then as they were trying to charge 90 baht for a bucket?

www.paradise-pattaya.com lists 7 ranges. I used to use the one on Sukhumvit right opposite pattaya klang (now called Pride Range) so easy to get to on a public baht bus

I think you will find that unfortunately this closed some time ago now.

By the way this range had some bad storm damage last month and is currently not operable - the nets came down!

Andrew from TPR reckoned at least another month in his last email.

Sad to hear. Hopefully be back up by July.

Thanks for the update.

Sad to hear. Hopefully be back up by July.

Thanks for the update.

Best range is Diana (other side of 3rd rd from Pattaya sports club). More expensive, bur new balls. One tip - go by M/C taxi and ask him to pick you up later, as it's difficult to get a taxi from Diana range.

Archived