IGNORED

Hi Hunny, I'm Home... ( positive review of Hunny Pot, Soi Honey)

Agent09

Sometimes you stay in a big hotel and you are a number, or at best a guest amongst many others, and other times you find a welcome that far surpasses either the scale of the premises or the price ticket for the room and then you feel valued.. and it becomes, for your stay, a home from home and a place to enjoy hanging out not just somewhere to come back to after a night out.

Such is most definitely true of the Hunny Pot, Soi Honey and I am full of positive reverie and praise for my time spent there. Disdaining 'big' hotels for the Pattaya leg of my 2014 December/Jan 2015 trip this year I decided to try a couple of guest house accomodations new to me, and as well as a stay in the reputed China Garden (to be reviewed separately) I booked myself 10 days at Hunny Pot bar after reading the post on the new rooms, and positive reviews by other BMs. A good decision it proved to be indeed.

Booking was easy, a quick email to Alan, a prompt reply, and a modest paypal deposit and I'm booked - couldn't be simpler.  I splt my stay between the two hotels, staying at Hunny Pot over the Christmas section from Dec 27th to Jan 6th even though I l decided to head off with an overnight bag for 2 nights in Bangkok  for New Year's Eve.  After settling in at my first hotel on Dec 14th I did an advance drop in on Hunny Pot and fouind Al sitting in his customary chair, overviewing the endlessly fascinating and amusing events and traffic that make this location an interesting place to sit and drink. I received a great welcome.

Staying at Hunny Pot was more than just a room. The rooms are fine for a snigle traveller and I managed well with a few nights with two or three fun girl companions with no trouble , my girls were always made welcome for a drink but you have  complete freedom to bring who you want home with you and go in and out as you please. Entrance via the metal gated doorway which remains open even when the bar is closed from 2-3 am, and then up the stone steps to the rooms. The rooms are a good size, 'no frills' basic clean and well managed accomodation and I was surprised that noise level was a lot less than I had expected, barring the odd 'party night' in the street. But then who sleeps much before 2am anyways and then its pretty quiet, and I had no noise issues in the daytime. Rooms are simply equipped, tiled floor, splash shower bathroom, wardrobe, dressing cabinet, bed, wall tv, a big fridge and safe.

What more do you need really? The essentials basically, and the price cannot be beaten. If all you want is a budget room in a great location and excellent booking, then you have it all here, However if you want a bar to make your 'home from home' meet other travellers, sit on the window on the world and engage in good drinking, chat, shared experiences and meet a positive set of people then you will find it here and that makes a massive difference tio your stay if you are socially inclined. Soi Honey is an entertaining street with a host of massage joints and the 'goings-on' and gossip on the street make entertaining listening and good watching from the bar terrace. It's a fun spot and time just flew there.

I met some great characters here on my stay, from UK, USA, Germany and other destinations, and there was rarely a night where we didn't either start off or end up at the Hunny Pot bar, even during the times some of us were staying at other accomodations, we were always drawn back there. Al boasts the 'coldest beer in Pattaya' and has the photos to prove it. . There's not much Al doesn't know about life in Pattaya and he has some tremendously entertaining anecdotes and stories. It would be hard to meet a more likeable and positive guy and with him and his truly lovely wife running the show nothing is roo much trouble in an informal way. Mention must be given of the ever smiling 'Na' who is defintely a blonde treasure to the bar and she works pretty much non stop to make the place fun. I thouroughly enjoyed my time here and reconmmend it to anyone, especially BMs  looking for a well situated set of budget rooms in a great location with an unbeatable welcome and friendly set up. It's a networking place that led me to some enduring friendships for the trip.

The place is simple, fun and a credit to guest house type bar accomodations in Pattaya. Well done Al and team. as Arnie says 'I'll be Back'

and 'Shane' if you are reading this get in touch !

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

So glad you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed your company. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in BKK the last week. Where is that pompuii magic man :)

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

• 2 months later...

Excellent review, thanks. On my first trip,  I may just divide up my stay between guesthouses in the LK Metro area because there seem to be quite a few good ones.

Could not agree more with you Agent09. great place to stay!

Thanks Shane. Will try to get you a first floor next time or i can get Tuky to carry you up the stairs :)

Excellent review, thanks. On my first trip,  I may just divide up my stay between guesthouses in the LK Metro area because there seem to be quite a few good ones.

If you have to break it up the jaquzzi suites at China Garden are great fun and great value but you need to book early. Same same goes for us :)

Archived