IGNORED

Tourist Visa: Anyone here ever been required to show plane ticket or bank statement?

juiceManX1

Has anyone here from a western country (G7 - USA/UK/AUS etc ) been required to show a bank statement or round trip airline ticket when applying for a tourist visa?

On the official website it says to get a tourist visa you need to show bank statements and round trip airfare ticket... but according to some past posts in reality the embasy people never ask for that. Just need the standard stuff like passport and photos.

Has anyone here from a western country (G7 - USA/UK/AUS etc ) been required to show a bank statement or round trip airline ticket when applying for a tourist visa?

On the official website it says to get a tourist visa you need to show bank statements and round trip airfare ticket... but according to some past posts in reality the embasy people never ask for that. Just need the standard stuff like passport and photos.

When I came here on holiday I used tourist visas from the UK and was never asked to show any financial requirement.

However I know people who use them to stay here and have to go to Laos and I believe they have to take bank statements etc.

If you are applying for a Thai Visa in your home county by mailing it to the embassy they ask for a bank statement, I don't know if they will give it to you if you don't provide it. You don't need a round trip ticket, just a ticket out of Thailand, to any destination. If you are only going for a short time you can just arrive at the Bangkok airport and get a visa on arrival good in most cases for 30 days.

Looking for girls that can appreceate a good man

I have has three 60 day tourist visa's issued from the Royal Thai Consulate in Melbourne and have never been asked for a bank statement or proof of onward travel, they do ask for your arrival details to make sure that your ticket is in the 3 month window to enter the kingdom!

post-82617-0-72252100-1421629325_thumb.png

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/tourist-visa.php

If you are applying for a Thai Visa in your home county by mailing it to the embassy they ask for a bank statement, I don't know if they will give it to you if you don't provide it. You don't need a round trip ticket, just a ticket out of Thailand, to any destination. If you are only going for a short time you can just arrive at the Bangkok airport and get a visa on arrival good in most cases for 30 days.

Checking the Thai Embassy in London.

It appears to be up to the official that looks at the application.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/45

.   REQUIRED DOCUMENTS 

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Two (2) recent (2 x 2 inches.) photographs of the applicant

- A letter from a doctor/hospital in Thailand (for purposes of Medical Treatment in Thailand)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary

I have has three 60 day tourist visa's issued from the Royal Thai Consulate in Melbourne and have never been asked for a bank statement or proof of onward travel, they do ask for your arrival details to make sure that your ticket is in the 3 month window to enter the kingdom!

attachicon.giftourist visa.PNG

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/tourist-visa.php

I was never asked either. But that was back in 2011.

That is incorrect information!  You only require proof of onward travel with a vise exemption not with a Tourist Visa!

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/visa-exemption.php

post-82617-0-55624400-1421630019_thumb.png

Might depend on the visa. In Brisbane to get a non imm O 12 month multi entry tourist visa you need a bank statement signed by the bank showing funds greater than $10,000 in yiur account. No signed bank account then no visa.

You might be confused with a visa on arrival, but you and the OP are not from the 15 countries that are eligible! 

post-82617-0-79278000-1421630314_thumb.png

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/visa-on-arrival.php

Might depend on the visa. In Brisbane to get a non imm O 12 month multi entry tourist visa you need a bank statement signed by the bank showing funds greater than $10,000 in yiur account. No signed bank account then no visa.

They stopped the non imm o 12 month multi entry tourist visa last year.  I tried for one in October and no go!

It also depends on which office you go to.

BTW there never was a 'non imm O 12 month multi entry tourist visa'. They may have been issuing them for that purpose but it was never what they were meant for.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

They stopped the non imm o 12 month multi entry tourist visa last year. I tried for one in October and no go!

Still available in Brisbane. Mate in melbourne said he can't get one down south though. Girl at the consulate did say I needed to be over 50 although not sure why.

BTW there never was a 'non imm O 12 month multi entry tourist visa'. They may have been issuing them for that purpose but it was never what they were meant for.

May be the case but I have got one every year for last few years in Brisbane. Rang them before I went in to see if there would be any changes late last year. They said no. Went in with the visa form, passport, 2 recent photos and signed bank statement at 10:00am and picked up my visa at 2:00 pm. Total cost $225.

They stopped the non imm o 12 month multi entry tourist visa last year.  I tried for one in October and no go!

Still available in Brisbane. Mate in melbourne said he can't get one down south though. Girl at the consulate did say I needed to be over 50 although not sure why.

May be the case but I have got one every year for last few years in Brisbane. Rang them before I went in to see if there would be any changes late last year. They said no. Went in with the visa form, passport, 2 recent photos and signed bank statement at 10:00am and picked up my visa at 2:00 pm. Total cost $225.

This is the Visa I tried for "Long term holiday" and they said in October they where know longer doing them.

post-82617-0-31104900-1421634854_thumb.png

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/non-immigrant-visa.php

This is the Visa I tried for "Long term holiday" and they said in October they where know longer doing them.

attachicon.gifovisa.PNG

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/non-immigrant-visa.php

At the bottom it states that the multiple entry is for 'family purposes'. I think they were issuing them (even the single entry ones) for purposes that they were not meant for and that is why they have stopped issuing them. If you met the requirements of the visa you would be able to get one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Mate couldn't get one down south either but got one in Brisbane by posting up his documents. He used registered mail to safeguard his docs and passport. He is over 50 as well though so that may have something to do with it. That was early November.

If interested people could ring and chat to them, incredibly helpful staff there +61-7-3846-7771.

They didn't stop it mate they applied the rules that always existed in obtaining one.

Some consulates like Hull in England abused the rules and issued them to anyone. Where as the Glasgow consulate always only issed one if you were Married or over 50.

The non O was never  a tourist visa by the way. The maximum you can get is a triple entry tourist visa at 60 day entries. The Non O multiple is 90 day entries over the period of a year.

• 1 month later...

I got a triple entry tourist visa from Thai consulate in Hull last September.

Passport, 2 pics and fee out the door 40mins later with the triple entry visa in the passport.

Have never heard of request for statements etc for tourist visas but maybe changes afoot!!

Ring consulate / embassey beforehand so that you won't get any "surprises" when you turn up or send by post.

Never been asked for a tourist visa however recently was asked for a 30 day extension of a 30 day tourist entry lol.

I was never asked either. But that was back in 2011.

The embassy in London is very busy and they barely have time to do minimum checks...I've never been asked for anything extra

Archived