IGNORED

Urine testing during bar raids

vap0rtrail

I had no idea the police in Pattaya woud go this far...

This short news report came from Pattaya People newspaper

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=12968

More Spot Raids on Bars

In an ongoing effort to curb crime and misdemeanors in Pattaya, Police Colonel Nopadol Wongnorm and his team went out on a spot check of bars in the area on the evening of the 28th July.

At a bar called Nang Len on Third Road they made an ID check and urine tested the customers. Two people proved positive for taking drugs and 20 underage people were found to be drinking on the premises.

Thats taking the piss :)

Imagine the financial benefits to a policeman of living in a city where crimes are being commited everywhere you look!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Does anyone know what they test for...is it everything or just the real hard stuff like yabba and cocain?

I mean what if you smoked some pot or something a couple of weeks before in another country - could they still arrest you?

Good thing! I guess I would etch their sample mug away. :P

Does anyone know what they test for...is it everything or just the real hard stuff like yabba and cocain?

I mean what if you smoked some pot or something a couple of weeks before in another country - could they still arrest you?

i imagine they test for everything? that would earn them the most in fines/bribes anyway!!!

i imagine they test for everything? that would earn them the most in fines/bribes anyway!!!

You can't test everything with a single urine test and there are different test methods (guess they'd go for an aggressive one...). Also I think that there will be a blood test after a positive urine test for additional confirmation.

I'm pretty sure that they'll test the most common illegal drugs like:

- THC

- Cocain

- Opioids

- Amphetamines

- Metamphetamine

- Phencyclidine

- MDMA

Testing those drugs via is a very cheap and reliable method, although I don't know about legal medications like Oxycodone, Benzodiazepines, Tricyclic Antidepressivas or Barbiburates. Isn't there an official statement? :rolleyes:

You can't test everything with a single urine test and there are different test methods (guess they'd go for an aggressive one...). Also I think that there will be a blood test after a positive urine test for additional confirmation.

I'm pretty sure that they'll test the most common illegal drugs like:

- THC

- Cocain

- Opioids

- Amphetamines

- Metamphetamine

- Phencyclidine

- MDMA

Testing those drugs via is a very cheap and reliable method, although I don't know about legal medications like Oxycodone, Benzodiazepines, Tricyclic Antidepressivas or Barbiburates. Isn't there an official statement? :rolleyes:

that lists seems like pretty much everything to me? well its most of the recreational stuff anyway!!

that lists seems like pretty much everything to me? well its most of the recreational stuff anyway!!

There's way more than that handful. :rolleyes: Just google it up.

For example drugs like Atropine, Ketamine, Ephedrine, Mescaline, LSD, Psylocobin... are also common, but not tested with a regular urine test.

The raids are probably like the crack-down on video piracy that I seen on the news a couple of days ago. It was reported that the police had an operation to stamp out video piracy. During the operation one person was arrested for selling pirate videos. At that rate they will have video piracy cleaned up in no time... :wacko:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thats craziness..How often has anyone seen this go down on there trips here??

Since March 2006 I have spent about 12 months here. During that time I have never seen or known anyone who has been caught in one of these raids.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

DETECTION PERIODS

The following chart gives approximate detection periods for each substance by test type. The ranges depend on amount and frequency of use, metabolic rate, body mass, age, overall health, drug tolerance, and urine pH

SUBSTANCE BLOOD SALIVA SWEAT URINE HAIR

Alcohol unknown unknown unknown 12-24 hrs n/a

Amphetamine unknown 3 days unknown 1-4 days up to 90 days

Barbiturates unknown unknown unknown 1-21 days unknown

Benzodiazepines unknown unknown unknown 1-42 days unknown

Cannabis (single use) 2-3 days 12-24 hrs unknown 2-3 days up to 90 days

Cannabis (habitual use)2 weeks 12-24 hrs unknown up to 12 wks up to 90 days

Cocaine unknow 1 day unknown 4-5 days up to 90 days

Codeine/Morphine unknown 12-36 hrs unknown 2-4 days up to 90 days

Heroin unknown unknown unknown 2-4 days up to 90 days

Methamphetamine 1-3 days unknown unknown 3-5 days up to 90 days

PCP 1-3 days 3 days unknown 3-7 days up to 90 days

Edited by Goldfishpie

Some guy I spoke to who was a regular hard cluber some years back told me he got pis tested in Club Ibiza known as "Boom" in Pattaya & he had done E Tablets & he had to pay 60,000 Baht to put it to bed & continue his holiday.

I believe it is going on in Thailand big time just like all over the world & the boys in Blue so to speak some times have a little earner.

This is IMHO.

If they tested me for whisky/beer & Thai Pussy I would be given Gold stars ................. LOL.

If they tested me for whisky/beer & Thai Pussy I would be given Gold stars ................. LOL.

If they tested me for Sperm , theyd get nothing. After going mad for the first two weeks shagging 3 birds a day the last week i just cumm fresh air.

Bravheart I did put LOL. with my Gold star joke.

Nus01 Good one and I know the feeling.

All the best.

Thai Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... As the little girl said... Toto, I don't think we're in kansas anymore...

Most piss testing is done in clubs, discos and gogo's that have previously been raided. If anyone has been found to have a positive sample on a previous raid, this provides sufficient cause to raid the place again.

Not that the BIB need to show any "Reasonable grounds" for conducting a raid... If put to it they could always provide the old and faithful grounds of "Information recieved"

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Looks to me like that club was mostly a club for Thais?

I think if you were and American/European and you failed a piss test but had nothing on you, they'd have a hard time keeping you in jail after your embassy caught wind of it.

I was pretty tempted to smoke weed with my TG last time but decided not to. She wasn't shy about it at all, she even wore a shirt with weed leaves on it. I've just heard too many warnings about the laws in patts. That's one reason I'd love to visit Cambodia someday.....

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

All the LB's at JSB got urine tested this week... Not sure if they tested the customers also.

All the LB's at JSB got urine tested this week... Not sure if they tested the customers also.

Fucking hell I bet there were some charges there, half of them are on ya ba and coke.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Fucking hell I bet there were some charges there, half of them are on ya ba and coke.

They know it is a good source of income :P