Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Green Curry

JailPurse

Visting Pattaya in feb, but the first night I'll be staying in bkk by the looks of it.

I'm a bit of a curry enthusiast and have green curry whenever it is possibly available. Am I essentially forced to get my 'authentic green curry' on the first night in bkk as its the capital albeit after intense jet lag (First time travelling overseas) or will I be just as quenched by having it in pattaya?

cheers in advance.

Visting Pattaya in feb, but the first night I'll be staying in bkk by the looks of it.

I'm a bit of a curry enthusiast and have green curry whenever it is possibly available. Am I essentially forced to get my 'authentic green curry' on the first night in bkk as its the capital albeit after intense jet lag (First time travelling overseas) or will I be just as quenched by having it in pattaya?

cheers in advance.

You can get Thai green curry anywhere in Thailand.

The time difference between The east coast and Thailand is only 3 hours (without daylight savings) so there shouldn't be any jet lag.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You might find an authentic Green Curry a bit different from what you are used to.

Authentic would be very spicy and with beef.

15 hour difference for me and have never had jet lag upon arrival...hit the ground running and adapt your sleep patterns to bar times

I was taught how to cook green curry from my ExTGF ... Once a week , I cook the curry at home , my daughters love it . :)

I was taught how to cook green curry from my ExTGF ... Once a week , I cook the curry at home , my daughters love it . :)

Care to share your recipe?

I just made my take on it but I can't easily get the spices I'd like here so it's a bit different.

I used fish sauce, tamari, toasted sesame oil, curry powder (can't be bothered making my own and I know it's sacrilegious but I takes liberties in my kitchen), coconut milk, ghost pepper, and basil for sauce.

Put fresh garlic and fresh ginger in as well as greens, shiitake, onions and shrimp.

Tasted great over jasmine rice. But I do enjoy it better in Thailand. Although I didn't care for the hard peas I got in my dishes last few times I ordered it.

Went to the local market with her indoors a while ago and asked,what shall we cook for lunch darling.

I was thinking crab and some prawns but we ended up with a tasty green curry brought the curry paste,basil,chicken feet and chicken livers total cost about 100 baht.Made enough for two meals for the both of us so that was lunch and supper sorted.

Very tasty it was to home cooked food is always best.

IMG_20141106_033239_zps237f37b8.jpg

A real good Thai restaurant in BKK in the Sukhumvit/Nana area is the one in the link below... Now, I see some not so good reviews - so maybe it has gone downhill... But when I lived in BKK a few years ago, it always had real good food, and was very consistent... Its on Soi 11 on the left hand side as you walk down Soi 11 from Sukhumvit...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d1755494-Reviews-Rosabieng_Restaurant-Bangkok.html

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Went to the local market with her indoors a while ago and asked,what shall we cook for lunch darling.

I was thinking crab and some prawns but we ended up with a tasty green curry brought the curry paste,basil,chicken feet and chicen livers total cost about 100 baht.Made enough for two meals for the both of us so that was lunch and supper sorted.

Very tasty it was to home cooked food is always best.

IMG_20141106_033239_zps237f37b8.jpg

wow, chicken feet and livers. Is that Isaan style?

The best I ever tasted was in Kanchanaburi.

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

The key to a good green curry is getting really fresh Thai basil straight from the garden.  When I first moved here I had loads of the stuff growing at the side of my house ... my neighbours went mad when they found out I thought they were weeds and was doing my best to get rid of them. 

^^Don't thimk so her indoors comes from Pattani we cook Southern style much excitment in the house when a parcel arrives with Nam Budoo  and Som Kaek, delivery from dowm south.

• 1 month later...

Try the Pattaya Beer Garden for Thai Green Curry.

Anything off their Thai menu is top notch.

I've had periods of addiction to Thai Green Curry. I like the fact there's green stuff in it - there would be I suppose but I find I don't eat enough vegetables when I eat Thai. I also like the bitterness of those little pea-like blighters. This gives the creation a proper grown up stamp I find.

The Sex Tourist, available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K211M5V or smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/924453

Signature pic PA.png

I've had periods of addiction to Thai Green Curry. I like the fact there's green stuff in it - there would be I suppose but I find I don't eat enough vegetables when I eat Thai. I also like the bitterness of those little pea-like blighters. This gives the creation a proper grown up stamp I find.

Found out those peas are really small thai eggplants.

Archived