Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bowling alleys besides Avenue and Central

Bek

Hi,

I feel like going bowling tonight - is there any bowling alleys besides the ones at Avenue and Central?

They are nice and all, but I think 120/140 baht pr. game is somewhat expensive, not to mention the 50 baht shoe rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, will go have a look!

Thanks mate, will go have a look!

Long time since I've been there so I've no idea of prices etc now, let us know what you think of it as there could be a few of us decide to have a game sometime.

Why would you not go to Avenue? If you think 140 baht is expensive, you definitely haven't bowled in Australia.

Go during the day and its cheaper. I have only been upstairs at Tops once and the alley looks horrible and depressing. Major at Avenue dims the lights at night plays dance music and is really enjoyable.

If I have a terak there who likes bowling and a mate to have beers with there... its better than night in the gogos.

You are right, I have never bowled in Australia, only in my home country Denmark, where we pay by the hour for one lane - about 600 baht for an hour. And if I compare to another popular activity here in the city, 1 game is the same price as a ticket for the cinema!

Anyway, me and the girlfriend went to have a look at the P.S. Alley, and as STL says above, it just looked boring, compared to Central and Avenue. They did not dim the lights, and there wasn't any music on to add to the atmosphere - seemed like a more serious place.. We went inside for a quick sniff, and turned around again... And went to Avenue ;)

We only played two games, as the girlfriend pulled something in her thigh (it looked funny as hell!). Bin ended around 760 baht with 2 games for 2 persons, 2 shoe rentals at 40 baht piece, and 2 non-alcoholic drinks.

I agree, it's good entertainment. I have been with a few thai girls before, and if they never tried to bowl before, they are somewhat shy to try it. My girlfriend is crazy about it now, though!

Pattaya Bowl was always good for a laugh but have not been for a long time. Just off 2nd Road and Soi1

https://plus.google.com/118129316070106805833/about?gl=th&hl=en

I guess you wouldn't recommend it?

What's wrong with it, more specifically?

I guess you wouldn't recommend it?

What's wrong with it, more specifically?

never spotted bowling there .....still open?

try bowling in my city in the uk,its 300 baht for 1 game each,ok sometimes special offers 350 baht for 3 games but thats just  winter afternoons !

the cheapest and best in pattaya is the one over tops, its 20 + lanes was 70 baht weekdays,i think 80 or 90 baht nightime,bit more at the weekend.there was also one past big c on 2 road thats now become MBK, lol !

the lanes at the avenue are a joke,they are too short ! , the bowling alley at central festival is too small.

sorry i did not know you wanted entertainment,the one over tops is just bowling no frills !

Tops if you want the Cheap Charlie version.

Avenue if you want a great night out with friends, your special friends, beers and snacks. Hands down better than a gogo and cheaper than sitting there buying LDs all night.

* spelling edit.

Sorry about that! I have been paralysed by a spinal cord injury for 13 years so bowling is a tad difficult now ;)

My mind wandered and never came back ;)

I love bowling, used to stay around soi 2 hotels when pattaya bowl was opened, nowadays I stay nearer to central, central did have unlimited bowl, but they stopped that promotion.

• 2 months later...

At Avenue Bowling you can buy a card with 20 games for THB 1900.

You can use the card for a couple of bowling sessions and you are not obliged

to make all 20 games on a single day.

I recently played there and is was very funny.

What does the OP expect to pay for a game of bowling?? 20 baht per game with free shoe rental?? FFS tune into reality. People bitch about what a shithole Pattaya is then bitch even more about paying for proper services and asking proper prices in demand

I suggest you go pick up a copy of Alice in Wonderland and go read a fairy tail, other wise grow up and deal with Pattaya in 2015

At Avenue Bowling you can buy a card with 20 games for THB 1900.

You can use the card for a couple of bowling sessions and you are not obliged

to make all 20 games on a single day.

I recently played there and is was very funny.

That is a good offer, do I need to buy a card for each person or can I use one card for 2 or more people to play?

You can use the card for everyone in your group so yeah, it's a good deal. Cheers.

That is a good offer, do I need to buy a card for each person or can I use one card for 2 or more people to play?

No, not for wach person. For example You can come with 5 people and make 4 game each.

They also offer cards with more games and higher discounts, but I cannot recall the exact numers.

Archived