IGNORED

BIG siamese carp, araipaoma fishing ?

legend35

Hi All , Does anyone no where there is a good place to stay and fish for BIG siamese carp and araipaoma  .. Im not really into catfish ,, Anywhere around a 2hour raduis of bangkok all pattaya ..Thanks for info

I don't know if you can actually fish for them but there are pens/ponds of araipaoma at Non Nooch. Really huge and quite spectacular.

Ok thanks Bud .... Ive seen them ,but no one can fish for them unfortunatley

Might be worth your while doing a search on Youtube for the" Korda Boys fishing in Thailand" I watched it on a Korda promotion video, they did a weeks fishing at some park and had some great fish the type your looking for but I cant recall where it was.

If you have some time and money to spare UK fishing legend John Wilson has set up a park in Koh Samui aimed at the specimen species found in Thailand, looks pretty good on the web site but the down side is it will cost about £800 for a weeks fishing with accommodation included, thats a little steep for me with the costs of Pattya to cover during a trip to Thailand so I will have to stick with the UK`s carp waters but would be interested to hear from anyone that does or has fished it.

I have emailed jurassic mountain resort in cha am ,( its in carpworld magazine)  , jules the owner has emailed me back , that costs about £830 a week , buts its a once in a lifetime fishing experience ... I let u no where I do fish and how I get on ...thanks

Bungsamran seems to be good for big meakong and has some his Siamese carp in it.

Bill

• 2 months later...

was considering going to gillhams myself ! There web sight does look good but works out about £500 for 2 days fishing and 1 nights stay including return flight from bkk ?????? has anyone been there that could confirm experience and value for money ?

Archived