Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Serious about learning Thai?

Ajay75

Thought I'd post a link of a useful site which I've been a member of for a while. It provides some useful phrases although some are a little out of context but still good. However to get the most out of the site you need to sign up to the premium membership for $19 per month (approx £10). This isnt a bad cost for the lessons available.

It provides all sorts of adjectives, verbs, pronouns, contexts, classifiers, conversational breakdowns etc which I think are the essential building blocks in learning any language. Its good to know plenty of phrases but unless you know how its all broken down then your just learning parrot fashion.

I would suggest completing the pimslars 30 lesson course first but I've been a member of this site for a while and its helped me no end in enhancing my knowledge as well as from other sources.

Link here: Learn Thai Podcast

Hope you find it helpful.

Edited by Ajay75

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad site, but you do get the impression its very much some dude with laptop and a girlfriend just knocking them out, still its free so I shouldn't really complain.

Not a bad site, but you do get the impression its very much some dude with laptop and a girlfriend just knocking them out, still its free so I shouldn't really complain.

The free lessons are ok if you want to learn some useful phrases etc but to get the most out of it you need to sign up to the premium course. Its really good and has alot of information and concentrates more on the building blocks of your vocabulary which you wont get from many places on the internet.

Some of the stuff regarding classifiers, tenses, adjective and personal pronoun use etc is invaluable. It helps you understand things much better as there are many words used that dont have a direct meaning in English and are used in conjunction as a pre or post word in a sentence to a subject or meaning. For £10 a month its not really stretching the bank. There are currently 35 intermediate lessons in the premium course and at least one is added every 2 weeks. Each lesson ranges from about 10 to 20 mins depending on the subject matter. This is what you would probably end up learning in a classroom but its just more condensed without all the repitition.

• 2 months later...

the site appears to be down now. not sure if i will still be charged $20/mth for premium content. will have to call my credit card co to cancel since I can't access site.

this is a great site.. this is how i learn all my thai....555555555555555

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

The link does not work for me

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

hmmmm... I cannot get the site to open either.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

I would suggest completing the pimslars 30 lesson course first but I've been a member of this site for a while and its helped me no end in enhancing my knowledge as well as from other sources.

Thanks for that, gave me some relief. My buddy just passed me off the whole set for free and was not sure if it was worth a try listening to it. Will do what ya sya then sign up for the site.

Thanks for that, gave me some relief. My buddy just passed me off the whole set for free and was not sure if it was worth a try listening to it. Will do what ya sya then sign up for the site.

I'm glad I started with this when I first started learning as its easy to just start learning parrot fashion with no real structured way moving progressively which Pimslars does well. The only downside to it is that they dont break up what each word means but they do explain sentence structures.

I would advise not to rush with it and although its only 30 lessons it took me a good couple of months to learn properly to a level where I could rattle off everything I'd learnt.

Just glad I didnt start picking up bad habits with "lazy" thai that seems to be pretty common in Patts.

Edited by Ajay75

• 1 month later...

answered my own question right after I posted, cheers lol

Edited by KDNG