Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golfing in the heat of LOS

chrisshh

Hey guys,

I love to play golf. i would love to play in Thailand. I have never played there because of the heat and humidity. I feel like it would be really fun and have never golfed with a caddy. I'm just worried I will be sweating through my clothes and won't be able to grip the club. I'm a little bitch like that i guess..but the weather is really hot in Thailand. How do you guys deal with the weather while golfing in Thailand? Do the golf carts have air con yet?

Thanks guys!

LOL

Sorry no aircon

I always have 2 gloves and pop then around the upperstrut of the cart, when you drive between shots the air flow drys them out 

Type of gloves matter as well as some absorve moisture more than others

Truth is its never really a problem, yes its hot but all clubs have great locker rooms and shower facilities and the quality of cources is outstanding

Depends on the time of year, now is ideal. Try and get an early Tee Off.

Was at Amata Springs watching the Thai Open, lovely cool day and breezy, though tricky for the players!

It is not hot in Thailand now. Come in January and you can play golf in relative comfort.

12 Pints in Know it all

Grip it and Rip it..Plenty of Wind to not make it Hot...I drink One Bottle of water during 18 Holes so I sweat very Little in January

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Just come to Thailand and try it.You'll forget about the heat and humidity in 5 minutes..................unless you're a real mama's boy. :GoldenSmile1:  :LOL2:

Thanks for the replies! I am a real mamas boy :GoldenSmile1:  but i will give it a shot. I wish I could take a holiday in January, my job only allows me to travel in June/July/August. That is the other issue, rainy season. I guess I will look for a dry day and just give it a go. Happy New Year!

Cheers

June July and August are great months for golfing in Thailand.

No busy courses and low season rates. :GoldenSmile1:  :Hello9:

Maybe you could try the 6am tee time?  I plan to have a round, breakfast and beer and be back in heaven by 10am:)

I play up to 5 times a week when there, I don't wear a glove.

The caddys mostly keep your grips dry.

Yes you will sweat heaps, always a little rain most days.

You must keep hydrated, usually I get my caddy to keep a cup full of ice which I add water to.

Unless your going to, lock yourself up in your room with aircon going man up and get out

On the course.

Hey guys,

I love to play golf. i would love to play in Thailand. I have never played there because of the heat and humidity. I feel like it would be really fun and have never golfed with a caddy. I'm just worried I will be sweating through my clothes and won't be able to grip the club. I'm a little bitch like that i guess..but the weather is really hot in Thailand. How do you guys deal with the weather while golfing in Thailand? Do the golf carts have air con yet?

Thanks guys!

Suck it up and get out there.

And hurry up dammit.Youre holding us up.

It's not so hot. Just got back, played about 12 times, sweated, but not as bad as I thought. I might suggest golden ferret golf society, across from Soi 8 and 2nd road. Peter arranges, and takes care of everything. He picks top rated courses, you will worry about your next shot way more than the heat. Good luck

Off topic but if you have time in bangkok Thana has a couple of great deals atm...I am going to take up the early bird 9 hole offer myself before the flight home

Book a trip, buy a couple of nike dry fit shirts. Bring an umbralla case of rain and caddie will hold it to keep sun off you. Drink lots

of water. I am a mommys boy when it comes to walking 18, just to warm for me, so i always get a cart. Tipp your caddie, and give extra 

tip for each birdie you make. 

Book a trip, buy a couple of nike dry fit shirts. Bring an umbralla case of rain and caddie will hold it to keep sun off you. Drink lots

of water. I am a mommys boy when it comes to walking 18, just to warm for me, so i always get a cart. Tipp your caddie, and give extra 

tip for each birdie you make. 

Is that the etiquette?...not that it should worry me my chances of making a birdie are non existent 

Been on 11 golfing trips to Pattaya, the heat is there but I wouldn't stay away because of it.

As soon as you're moving in the cart the breeze seems to keep you cool enough and there's plenty of shade. 

We (me and my 3 mates) always drink electrolytes every day and plenty of water.

Did one trip in May, was pretty hot, now we go March and August and love it.

As far as sweaty palms go, I never used to wear a glove but found it necessary in Thailand, I bring about 6 with me and rotate 3 every day.

Sometimes a wet towel is handy to have.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 2 weeks later...

No - although some suggest it. I hear more players saying that the caddie should give the player a "bonus" if he gets a birdie...........

Edit - This was meant to be a reply to l1350D but the quote function does not seem to be working for me?

• 2 weeks later...

I find that leather gloves are not too good as they get slippery when wet from sweat or rain.  Better to bring gloves made for wet weather or synthetic.  Also helps to have a towel to dry the other hand.  I usually play with 3 or 4 gloves during the round and change when they start getting too wet.  Also grips with cord or half cord are better than leather or synthetic leather which can be slippery.

Common sense is not very common.

Archived