IGNORED

Flipper lodge - reviews needed

Scouser1987

STILL planning my trip to pattaya and would like to know everything there is possibly to know about Flipper Lodge.

Will be looking to book either a suite or junior suite... Is there much difference between the two? If so what?

Is it safe? Ie. Good safety deposit box in room, ID checks in reception, good locks on door?

If anyone has stayed there can you please show me some pics that you have taken yourself, the ones on their site aren't too good.

View from balconies..

Distance to Soi6, Walking Street, LK Metro etc.

Any other comments that you have about the place good or bad I'd like to know please lads. Thanks and have a great new year

I haven't stayed there but it's on Soi 8 so it's closer to Soi 6 than Walking Street but really both are only a short baht bus ride away.  Soi 6 is more easily walkable from there but it's more likely you'll find yourself using the baht buses.  LK Metro is really just a short walk away too.  

The Ekamai bus ticket gives a small discount on Flipper Lodge accommodation.

Stayed there in dec 2013. Great location , Great rooms at least what appears to be the "New Wing" .

Not sure if it has a old wing like Flipper House but the side I stayed on looked pretty new. No Room safe.

Internet and breakfast sucks. Used Restaurant "olala" (I believe thats the name)on soi 7 for both. Would stay there again just for location.

No room safes? Where did you store your valuables?

have small box safes at the reception desk.

Fly high Die young

Dont think ll ever be up in time for breakfast anyway haha.

Any more reviews or comments please lads?

Photos from the 2013 part of the old Flipper Lodge.

P1060184.JPG

P1060186.JPG

P1060187.JPG

P1060188.JPG

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

The view direction soi 9 police station of 4 floors.

P1060036.JPG

P1060037.JPG

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Looks like a decent little place this. Think im guna book a junior suite

Looks like a decent little place this. Think im guna book a junior suite

So good I said it twice :/ haha

Ages since I stayed there. Was my regular hotel for many years. If you want a quiet room, get the last room on the corridor on 3rd, 4th or 5th floor. Ask for Police Station side - the view in the pics above!

It's the old part of the hotel. Don't know when the rooms were renovated last?

Always found Soi 8 to be a great location. Easy to get the baht bus in either direction. You could walk to Soi 6, but I never did. Baht bus is easier! Plenty of bars around Sois 7 & 8 and places to eat on Soi 7.

Always found the staff to be great!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Flipper Lodge is on soi 8, Flipper House is on soi 7.  I have stayed at Flipper Lodge twice, and enjoyed my stays there.

The city view building, I forget what it is called (B Building??), has SOME renovated rooms with safes in the rooms, when I stayed there over a year ago it was just the 5th floor.  Spent one night in an un-renovated room and having stayed in a renovated room before, I insisted on being moved, they are that much better.  Safe deposit boxes at the front desk are not my preference.

Not a room with a view kind of place, unless they have renovated the front building...  and I have no idea if they have...  

You pay extra for internet, but it's not a deal breaker for me, it was maybe 500 baht for a week or something, and it was dependable... Nice roof top pool.  Food is decent, location is perfect, staff is friendly, would definitely stay there again if looking for something less expensive than View Talay 6 which has become my go to place...

You are right on Beach road, very easy to catch baht bus to Walking Street.  To catch one to Soi 6 you simply walk up the soi to 2nd road...  I have walked both directions on beach road, but end up all sweaty so walking is only for mornings/exercise...  you;d think it wasn't very far from soi 8 to Soi 6, but you'd be wrong, hahaha!  

Both Flippers on soi 7 and 8 are good, stayed at both a few time and have great holidays....

Have Fun....

Breakfast now finishes at 12 

Malky :Dream1:

Hi stayed there several times, was there in November, clean, girl friendly no fees, great location, value for money 100%, nice roof top pool, breakfast til 12.30 lunchtime.

Some of the cheaper rooms have no view at all not good if you like to look over the city.

Will be back there in March, also worth a try is its sister hotel Flipper House which is just as good and located on Soi 7.

• 4 months later...

Good topic. Was interested by this hotel but frankly speaking I couldn't cope with a hotel room without safe deposit box. No go for me. Too bad because the pool looks really cool.

Good topic. Was interested by this hotel but frankly speaking I couldn't cope with a hotel room without safe deposit box. No go for me. Too bad because the pool looks really cool.

the renovated rooms have boxes, ask for/demand one of the renovated rooms...

have stayed there, great location decent enough place...

Thx for the tip Dadee. Do you know which wing has the renovated rooms ? Looks like B ?

Is there a gym by any chance ?

Thx for the tip Dadee. Do you know which wing has the renovated rooms ? Looks like B ?

Is there a gym by any chance ?

I believe it was the 4th and/or 5th floor of the B Wing, yes, and this was some time ago so perhaps there are more renovated rooms.  No gym that  recall, but there could be one... nice rooftop pool...  decent buffet too.

Archived