IGNORED

fiance visa for thai gf to uk

belhop

i am looking at doing a fiance visa for my tg , we have a baby together with a british passport .

we want to marry in the uk with my family , my tg as visited the uk on a holiday visa earlier this year before our baby was born .

i have enough money in the bank to show i can suport her when she comes to the uk, 

we need to know what we have to do to get the visa , we have to get xray for TB we know ,, where do we get this done ?

also the english test we know about , but again where do we go for this ?

any help please would be helpfull

also do we need to do anything else ?   do we have to show our realtionship togehter as we did with the holiday visa?

we have l the evidence together from the last 3 years 

yours hopefully j

i am looking at doing a fiance visa for my tg , we have a baby together with a british passport .

we want to marry in the uk with my family , my tg as visited the uk on a holiday visa earlier this year before our baby was born .

i have enough money in the bank to show i can suport her when she comes to the uk, 

we need to know what we have to do to get the visa , we have to get xray for TB we know ,, where do we get this done ?

also do we need to do anything else ?   do we have to show our realtionship togehter as we did with the holiday visa?

yours hopefully j

I believe that a fiancée visa is the same as a holiday visa. Same rules apply as before.

I was in a similar position to yourself .I chose to do a legal marriage in Thailand. It cost about 40bht per person. That was enough to then go for a proper 2 year residency visa .We then got married over here in the UK.  

on the visa front..get the english test done first..its called a ket test..it can be done on line..think the site is called vantage siam...

you book the test...paid on line 5995 bhat..you get a number and appoitment date to sit the test...

from applying for the test and getting the results is around 1 month.....

she can do a practise test on the vantage site to see how she would get on..

with out the KET test..its no visa...so dont even bother to do any visa paper work until she has the pass certificate in her hand

you would be wasting your money...

if she fails the test..it can be resit..once a month......

hope that helps

just to confirm it is vantage siam...go to the site...you can book a test there..gives you all the details

I believe that a fiancée visa is the same as a holiday visa. Same rules apply as before.

I was in a similar position to yourself .I chose to do a legal marriage in Thailand. It cost about 40bht per person. That was enough to then go for a proper 2 year residency visa .We then got married over here in the UK.  

Are you sure? You cannot Marry in the UK on a holiday visa, but you can on a fiancee.

yours hopefully j

Firstly, congratulations on taking the visa route plunge.

We did it a few years ago and maybe some things have changed.

The TB check is arranged by the UK Embassy. It's done in Bangkok.

English test I'm not sure about. This wasn't a stipulation when we done it.

Evidence, yes you need loads. Keep as much photos and e-mails, boarding passes, anything that links you both. Because your child has a UK passport I don't think this can even be mentioned on the application form.

Also, get a letter of invitation from your parents or close Family. Inviting your girlfriend to the UK.

Financially I think you need to make £24K a year or somewhere near that figure?

The fiancee visa is a 6 Month entry clearance and you have to marry in that space of time.  After that She applies for a 2 year FLR further leave to remain. In that time frame She needs to pass the life in the UK test OR 4 ESOL units in English at an accredited College. 

Then after this She applies for ILR indefinite leave to remain. Then the road to Citizenship. We have been through it all, step by step.

Do you have an Irish passport (southern Irish) or just a UK passport?

The reason I ask is because ANY EU Citizen living in the UK whether in work or not (yes, it's true) can use the EU Family permit and take their Thai girlfriends into the UK and their Families for FREE. No health checks, no English tests and no FEE. The only stipulation is they have to accompany them on a flight to the UK. 

If you had dual Irish/UK passports you could use your Irish (EU) Nationality and take your girlfriend home immediately. Not a lot of people know this. Any European (except British) living in the UK can take any girlfriend and their Family from ANY non EU Country, straight into the UK without a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

i was thinking of doing the marriage in thailand as i wont have to apply again after 6 month in the uk when we marry there 

could you tell me what paper work i need and how to book a apointment at the british embassy bkk

i have origional divorce paper with me 

i know you have to go show divorce at british embassy ,, butwhat doyou do afterthat??

thanks

Firstly, congratulations on taking the visa route plunge.

We did it a few years ago and maybe some things have changed.

The TB check is arranged by the UK Embassy. It's done in Bangkok.

English test I'm not sure about. This wasn't a stipulation when we done it.

Evidence, yes you need loads. Keep as much photos and e-mails, boarding passes, anything that links you both. Because your child has a UK passport I don't think this can even be mentioned on the application form.

Also, get a letter of invitation from your parents or close Family. Inviting your girlfriend to the UK.

Financially I think you need to make £24K a year or somewhere near that figure?

The fiancee visa is a 6 Month entry clearance and you have to marry in that space of time.  After that She applies for a 2 year FLR further leave to remain. In that time frame She needs to pass the life in the UK test OR 4 ESOL units in English at an accredited College. 

Then after this She applies for ILR indefinite leave to remain. Then the road to Citizenship. We have been through it all, step by step.

Do you have an Irish passport (southern Irish) or just a UK passport?

The reason I ask is because ANY EU Citizen living in the UK whether in work or not (yes, it's true) can use the EU Family permit and take their Thai girlfriends into the UK and their Families for FREE. No health checks, no English tests and no FEE. The only stipulation is they have to accompany them on a flight to the UK. 

If you had dual Irish/UK passports you could use your Irish (EU) Nationality and take your girlfriend home immediately. Not a lot of people know this. Any European (except British) living in the UK can take any girlfriend and their Family from ANY non EU Country, straight into the UK without a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

step dad was from southern ireland but i no passport !!  cheers 

on the visa front..get the english test done first..its called a ket test..it can be done on line..think the site is called vantage siam...

you book the test...paid on line 5995 bhat..you get a number and appoitment date to sit the test...

from applying for the test and getting the results is around 1 month.....

she can do a practise test on the vantage site to see how she would get on..

with out the KET test..its no visa...so dont even bother to do any visa paper work until she has the pass certificate in her hand

you would be wasting your money...

if she fails the test..it can be resit..once a month......

hope that helps

thanks for that !

Are you sure? You cannot Marry in the UK on a holiday visa, but you can on a fiancee.

There is a Marriage Visitor Visa, which is really the same as a regular Visitor Visa, but after the marriage she has to return to Thailand.

There is a Marriage Visitor Visa, which is really the same as a regular Visitor Visa, but after the marriage she has to return to Thailand.

i think she can stay in the uk if you go on a fiance visa, you have to get married witin 6months , and then apply for the 2 year visa 

i think she can stay in the uk if you go on a fiance visa, you have to get married witin 6months , and then apply for the 2 year visa

Yes, that's for a Fiance visa. The Marriage Visitor visa is just for marrying in the UK.

Yes, that's right. And when She gets the 2 year (Further Leave to remain) She can apply for a National insurance number and work.

We did this route last year and what a pain, a lot easier to get married in Thailand, not only do you have to pay the visa fee, inThailand, you have to get married before 6 months, and then pay for another, visa once married, you can't get married at the register office, until you have an interview, if she is divorced then the registrar, as to send it to London to get verified, we had to cancel ours twice, if you really want to do it here then pm me and I will give you all the details

We did this route last year and what a pain, a lot easier to get married in Thailand, not only do you have to pay the visa fee, inThailand, you have to get married before 6 months, and then pay for another, visa once married, you can't get married at the register office, until you have an interview, if she is divorced then the registrar, as to send it to London to get verified, we had to cancel ours twice, if you really want to do it here then pm me and I will give you all the details

Yes, they would check that and it would need to be verified by Her Amphur (Town of trgistration) typical UK. Head up it's arse in red tape.

Pity they don't check the countless 1000s bogus scams being pulled by people that don't have a UK passport.

Archived