IGNORED

Facebook password.

Billyboy294

My XP  on my desktop went all to hell when I tried to open it and  got a message File xxxxxxx (cant remember the name  but many people have the same problem) is missing.

A friend put in the XP disc and fixed the problem with a 'partial Format'.

However when i try to open Facebook and they ask me to sign in they say my password is incorrect I am 100% sure it was correct.

OK asked for a new password, put it in, (I checked remember me) and it opened OK.

Closed Facebook without loggin out. Next time i tried to open Facebook with new password, it said password  incorrect.

This has happened 3 times and I keep having to get a new password  but next time it says "incorrect".

Anyone know how to fix the problem.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Your hard-drive is probably giving up. If you replace it, can your pc handle Windows 7? If not, buy new (another) desktop/ laptop

Everything else seems to be working oK.

I had Windows 7  for 6 weeks and did not like it and still have the Harddrive in my Desktop with Win 7 in it which i used when my Samsung HD packed up after 3 years. I got a replacement under the 5 year guarantee and put XP back. Bought the HD with Win 7 while Samsung checked faulty HD. So have two HDs in my desktop.with XP the No. 1.

So next time i have a major problem with XP I will switch.

I have an Acer Netbook 11.6 (ever so slow) with Win 7 so i used that when XP was out of action for a week. Still much prefer XP.

I think i can live without Facebook and only used it to keep track of a girl.

Next time i tried to open Facebook with new password, it said password incorrect.

This has happened 3 times and I keep having to get a new password but next time it says "incorrect".

That is never going to be a hard drive problem.

Possible issues that can cause this issue:

1, dodgy caps lock or sticky key issue

2. if you use the default settings on internet explorer

By default, versions of Windows Internet Explorer that were released starting with the release of security update 832894 do not support handling user names and passwords in HTTP and HTTP with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or HTTPS URLs. The following URL syntax is not supported in Internet Explorer or in Windows Explorer:

http(s)://username:password@server/resource.ext

3. Someone is logging in and changing it.
Finally if a partial restore has happened this may solve it
If you have turned off IE's option to automatically remember passwords, turn it back on by clicking the gear icon, selecting "Internet Options," clicking the "Content" tab, selecting the "AutoComplete Settings" button, and then enabling the "User Names and Passwords on Forms" option. If you don't want to save passwords on every site you visit, click the "Ask Me Before Saving Passwords" option too.

I've had this happen with facebook and my laptop and I could not log in on mny laptop. I don't use facebook all that often and when I tried with my laptop it said the password was wrong but as I have it written down I know it is right. It didn't let me reset the password as it kept saying the DOB was wrong.

Some time later I was on the mobile I use for Thailand and went to facebook on the browser and it let me straight in so I suspect it is some sort of security where an account is matched to a device and logins from other devices are treated a suspect. Are you using facebook with a mobile as well or have logged in from different countries etc?

You could try downloading a different browser and trying with that!

Are you using chrome? And have a different log on email address for chrome and FB?

Maybe FB has caught you out for have a fake account?

Thanks for the many replies.

After the 'format', IE 8 (the best you could get with XP) would not install, and I  could only get  IE6 which wont open some bank sites, so i am using Firefox.

I opened Facebook automatically (it remembered my password)  on my Netbook with Win 7 and IE .

Try logging into your facebook account onto another device (another computer/smartphone/tablet etc).  If that doesn't work, its a problem with your account, not your computer

Archived