IGNORED

1-2 call top up from outside thailand

bryso

right got a bit of a problem,as far as im aware my thai number in 1-2 call expires after 6 mths of non use{ie no calls, top up etc}

by the time im back in thailand there would of been a gap of 7 mths

so my question is how is it possible to keep this sim card active ??

any help appreciated

If you have a good friend, you can request fill up credit from her. Several girls for me in the past did.

Now I You I fill up phone credit before departure already.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I top up my girlfriends phone by going into 7/11, paying 100 baht and give them her phone number. They tap it into their little card reader and the phone is topped up. So as other person says, best way is for someone here to go to 7 for you and give them 100 baht.

Chris

Just another day in Paradise!

If you have any credit left on it before it expires you can follow the instructions below.

Hope this helps

To extend the expiration by 30 days dial *500*9#
This will cost 30 baht, but will also give you 30 minutes of phone credit.
Repeat as many times as you like, but keep in mind that it can take some minutes for it to register.
You can check you balance by dialing *121#

I have only done this from the UK but if you have a signal I cannot see any reason it will not work from elsewhere,

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

I solved this issue by opening a TrueMove account.

I had the problem also of having to let my bank know the change of number everytime my old number expired. So annoying!

Go to any TrueMove counter. (I used the one in Tesco North Pattaya - they were very helpful).

If you have a Thai bank account (in my case SCB) open a credit account with TrueMove. You will need a "permanent" address, because they will send you an account statement each month, but if you have a bank account, that's already in place.

The charge will be 200 baht per month plus tax and for that you get 200 minutes call time free. Additional calls are charged at 1 baht per minute.No fiddling about topping up at 7/11 either!

I have added wi-fi to that at an extra 100 baht per month unlimited. (90 minutes session time-out, but you just sign on again). Coverage for TrueWiFi is pretty universal: almost everywhere in Pattaya & Bangkok, many 7/11s, airport etc.I now use this in Pattaya instead of 3bb, or Sophon internet - a fraction of the cost. Unless you're doing masses of downloading, True is perfectly adequate and with good speeds. Sign on with your phone number and password or a 4-digit PIN.

Now I just leave the direct debit running when I'm not in Thailand. 200 baht (4 GBP) per month and no inconvenient changing numbers. Already connected as soon as I arrive at the airport - all so convenient.

Customer support (via 1331 - no charge - on your mobile is "par excellence" with skilled English speaking staff.

A bargain! Heartily recommended. 

Re phone,I go back to the UK to work for 8 months 4 months here,regarding your phone as long as you put credit on it to take you past your return date you keep the same number no problem.

I always put credit on it to take me past my return date.

Callmuangthai will work using your credit card.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Hi,

if you already use bitcoin, you can top up via bahtcoin.com

I've used it a couple of times, works niceley. I'll send you 50 baht in bitcoin via PM so you can try it for free.

Edit: sent, check you inbox

I have used thaiprepaidcard without any issues for my 1 2 call as i live in Laos yet work on the banks of the Mekong where Thai signal is stronger than Lao mobile signal.

Go to the AIS call center in Central Festival. You can top up there for only 10 baht and get 1 month extended validity.

Top up 12 times at 10 baht = 120 baht get one year validity. Max validity is one year from todays date.

Archived