IGNORED

How trustworthy are those unofficial postal services

Cerebrum

I realized that here in Pattaya and Bangkok besides the government postal office and ups there are also unofficial postal services on some street corners. How trustworthy are they? Can/should I use them to send packages?

Thanks

I sent a a package from here to England. I sent it in June and it arrived in November! Great service!

I used one located in Big C to send an EMS big letter to another city in Thailand. It was supposed to be delivered within 2 or 3 days, but took 6 days. Apparently it didn't make it into the official postal system for several days.

Why wouldn't you use Thai Post.  The few times I have used them I have found them surprisingly good and quick.  Just mailed two packages to Issan and they got there in 2 days.  I'm quite happy with their service and not too expensive and tracking numbers.

Thai Post, Soi 13/2, middle of the street on the north side.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

The independent re-mailing services seem to be fairly reliable. Unfortunately, they often mark up the cost of mailing 2 or 3 times. The only possible advantage of using one is convenience. Sometimes the post office has long lines. Otherwise, I would always use the post office, not just for reliability but also to pay the correct price.

Yes, if possible use the official service and register the letter or package. I have never received anything sent to me in AUS from TH from those non-post office shops!

There is no guarantee you will get things from th P.O either, I read some time ago that Jomtien P.O had piles of undelivered mail chucked in the back room.

Maybe a vast generalisation, but I think Thais would steal the cross from Jesus and come back for the nails!! :Macarena:

Archived