IGNORED

seeking advice....visiting first time

sunny4u

hi all

i am visiting thailand first time along with my 2 friends in febuary.

My flight will land at 7.55 pm. Do you think i can finish my VOA and immigration check in 90 minutes as i am planning to catch bell bus service (last bus at 10 pm)  or do you guys suggest me any other transport suggestion.

hotel

do you think i should book hotel online or shall is it cheap if i hunt there.

please suggest me good hotels between 700 to 1200 THB near beach road or Walking Street. we looking for 2 rooms 1 double and  one single ( we are 3 friends )

joiner fees

i have learned many hotels charge joiner fees. i need hotels without joiner fees and do you think hotels will allow us to take 3 girls with us in 2 rooms without any fees 

please suggest me places and bars to visit aswell

some great food joints

cheers

Everytime I visit I am continually surprised. Just be sure to give us some feedback? Yeah right ;)

90 minutes is more than enough and Bell bus is fine . 

Lot of info about hotels in the newbie/hotel section . 

hotels in this price range hardly ever have a joiner

fee so don't worry ... this is Pattaya . 

Are you sure that the last taxi connection is 22 pm.? I always thought it was 20 p.m.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

hi all

thanks for your comments really helmed me a lot

@thajec you are right bell service last operates at 20.00 pm.......

ewww screwed my plan.

how about mr t taxi or ptt taxi service.....?

and guys can you suggest me the best place to pick girls and how much do we pay ? 

m clueless

cheers

hi all

ewww screwed my plan.

and guys can you suggest me the best place to pick girls and how much do we pay ? 

m clueless

cheers

How about 'reading' the forum, specially the pinned threads in the newbie section.

................................................................................................................

2 rooms for 3 guys?

First advice, get a room each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi all

ewww screwed my plan.

m clueless

cheers

Just walk up to any girl and hand her 10,000, ask her to come visit you and the rest will take care of itself. 

If your coming with 2 friends go a taxi for sure, it will only be 350-400 baht each. Google mr t and email him a week before u leave.

Everything else just search on here

Welcome! Congrats on finding the PA forum/ Keep reading thru the threads as lots of good info awaits!

Look on the Agoda, Trip Advisor, and Booking, websites for a room in your price range. My favorites are the Evergreen Tower rooms at the Areca Lodge, LK Empress, and View Talay Six condos next to the Central Festival Mall.

Never drink from an open beverage that has been out of your sight. (especially in your room)

Always use the ATM machines inside of a bank or directly connected to one just outside.

Check your hotel's joiner fees policy before booking.

Post your Trip Report when you get home and let us know how it goes!

The most important thing for you guys is to get one room each. If you don't you will regret that 100%.  Unless two of you are a couple offcourse.

There are many many threads on this forum that answers all your questions and more.  What I did before my first trip is I lurked and searched on this forum + google.  Also I studied a map of Pattay really well and that did help alot.  Get to know the layout of Beach road, 2nd, soi boukhaow and third road.  Also Pattaya Nua, klang and tai.  Walking street is a must see and go to area, but in my opinion soi LK Metro with all the gogos and bars is even better for mongering/drinking.  There will most definately be some crawls that are a great way to learn and meet other mongers.  Also some bars on the six is run by and frequented by forum members.  

In February there is no need to book a room before hand.  Maybe you can book a room for the first two nights in the area you would like to stay and then have a look around and find the place you would like to spend the rest of the trip at.

Mr. t or similar taxi service is definately the way to from the airport.  Unless You would like to treat yourself and order the bus from Devils Den  :GoldenSmile1:

Enjoy your trip it won't be your last.

Secrets hotel is good for first timers. Close to Walking Street and a baht bus ride to everything else. No joiner fee, A decent bar attached to the hotel.  They also offer car transfer service from the airport.

You should be through immigration by 9:30 latest, but as others have said, with three people a car would be the best option.

Tans Taxi Pattaya

is link for a taxi service that will meet you at Suvarnabhumi airport and take you direct to your hotel. Journey time is about 80-90 minutes.

Check out the current on going trip report by bm Sonrisa, he is a guy that had a great first trip to Pattaya because he got off his arse, read the forum and done some research for himself.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, all the answers to your questions are in front of you, many people have taken the time to lay out great info.

I totally agree with what others have said about the accommodation, unless two of you are a couple get your own room each.

hi all

ewww screwed my plan.

m clueless

cheers

Mr TTaxiis THB1000 from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya................

hi everyone....

thanks for your advice. it was a great help as i was little nervous.

definately going to get 3 rooms now and booking taxi for sure.

going to read newbies forum and will make some notes from there

much appreciated guys......doing a great job

just working my arse off to save some extra money

will write  my experience when i reach home saf

good job guys

cheers

hi everyone....

good job guys

cheers

hi everyone....

good job guys

cheers

Hi, Book you hotels from Agoda. You will find a lot of hotel options for the budget you've quoted. Stay closer to pattaya beach road or 2nd road. As everyone has mentioned, pick 3 rooms instead of 2. If budget is an issue, reduce your budget for rooms little more and find options. Take a taxi from the airport. its cheap (1000baht). As far as places to party & pickup girls: You can spend all your late afternoon and evenings at Soi 6 (lot of beer bars and some fantastic lady's). at night head to Walking Street or Soi LK Metro or both. If you like shisha then visit Soi Arab. You can easily commute using Baht bus. Be careful with lady boys. they are everywhere. Identifying Lady boy's can be tricky, you need to get used to it. There are some good posts as to how to identify them so read them as well but my suggestion is to pick girls from No lady boy bars & go-go's to be safe.

visit Sexy in the city @ Soi 6 on Wednesday. there is a newbie meet on Wednesday (search the forum for timing). some senior BM will guide you though. I am in pats from 12th Feb for 10 days. If youre around that time then lets meet for a drink or more...  :Cheers9:

cheers

Archived