IGNORED

aussie partner visa

gil4d

A partner visa to Australia  for your thai girl is about to get a lot more expensive 50% more as of the first of jan 2015 . from $4627 to $6865 depending on which visa greedy fucking pigs

Fucking greedy mofos. I'm thinking about inviting a Thai lady for a 3 week holiday. I've heard that it can be difficult & quite expensive - do you have any info. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Govt to cash in on visas for foreign love

The Abbott government will increase the visa applications charges for partner visas by 50 per cent, raising $373.6 million for the budget repair job.

15 Dec 2014 - 4:55 PM  UPDATED YESTERDAY 5:02 PM

The cost of a foreign affair is set to increase by several thousand dollars.

Australians who fall in love with or marry a foreigner will have to pay 50 per cent more for partner visa application fees.

The move was announced in the mid-year budget review on Monday and will raise $373.6 million in revenue over four years.

The price rise will come into force from January 1, 2015.

Meanwhile, plans to increase Australia's refugee intake starting in 2017-18 will cost $140 million over two years.

Immigration Minister Scott Morrison previously said the move would be fully funded from offsets within his portfolio.

There will be an extra 2500 places in the humanitarian program in 2017-18 and 5000 the following year with a total of 18,750 spots that year.

The revival of temporary protection visas and introduction of safe haven enterprise visas come with a price tag of $52.9 million this financial year and $340 million over the next three years.

Nearly $32 million has been added to border protection operations with the purchase of the Ocean Shield vessel two years early.

The Triton ship will be leased for an extra six months until June 2015.

The government has also pulled $96.5 million over two years from building a transit centre in Port Moresby Papua New Guinea to accommodate asylum seekers whose refugee claims have been rejected and are awaiting removal.

Instead they will stay in the Manus Island detention centre until they are repatriated.

PARTNER VISA CHARGES

* Provisional and permanent partner visas - currently $3085 increased to $4627.50

* Prospective marriage visa - currently $3085 increased to $4627.50

* Temporary and permanent partner visas - currently $4575 increased $6865.50

(Source: Immigration Department)

Someone is certainly cashing in because I paid less than $4000 2 years ago and that included the the lawyers fee

What's a holiday visa worth nowadays...if I do all the paperwork myself. Not into using key visa type of businesses

Fucking greedy mofos. I'm thinking about inviting a Thai lady for a 3 week holiday. I've heard that it can be difficult & quite expensive - do you have any info. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Not expensive at all mate about $125, that is what I paid last year. You need to provide how long you have known each other and that you can and will support her while she is here in Oz. Also she needs to show that she will return to Thailand.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

i have done several holiday visas... they also like to see $1000 in your bank for each month she will stay.  I paid $4750 for Mrs Darksides visa appliation back in march... still pending...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

QUOTE- What's a holiday visa worth nowadays...if I do all the paperwork myself. Not into using key visa type of businesses 

You can now do them online for your Thai girl

ummm

That's fucken ridiculous for that sort of money you shouldn't even have to deal with the paperwork. If a chaps prepared to cough up that sort coin, it must be love.

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

QUOTE- What's a holiday visa worth nowadays...if I do all the paperwork myself. Not into using key visa type of businesses 

You can now do them online for your Thai girl

Hey Swinga - You can do tourist visas online for Thai girls visiting Australia - that's great news. Do you have a link or more info? Cheers - Merry Xmas!

Partner Visa will be going up by 50%... Now that fickin rediculous

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Hey Swinga - You can do tourist visas online for Thai girls visiting Australia - that's great news. Do you have a link or more info? Cheers - Merry Xmas!

DIBP website mate. Just go through the motions for tourist visa

ummm

Why take them out of Thailand ... ? 

• 1 year later...

Couldn't find the $7000 'cost of love' thread. So this will suffice.

For those thinking of doing a Partner Visa, we will soon see if there will be a further price hike after 1st July 2016 as has been speculated previously.

I found an interesting legal thread in which it states one of the factors the Government is concerned about is health, and the cost of treatment in Australia. Interestingly the magic figure of $7,000 comes up.

Quoting from the 'legal site'

"In September 2012 the Department's guidelines defined “significant cost” as more than $7, 000 per year. Treatment associated with even non-serious medical conditions will often cost more than $7,000 per year. It is therefore very easy to fail the health requirement."

Let's see what happens on 1st July.

For those who predicted a price hike as of today...it didn't happen.

Cost is 192,000tbh...or thereabouts.

As per bi annual review of exchange rates.

Archived