IGNORED

Q for the fitness fanatics re Alcohol.

Gone with the wind

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for the calorie counters out there. Over the past year I've managed to lose 13kg through diet/exercise. 

My problem is when in Pattaya/Bkk I need to drink. I'm not talking absolutely blind drunk but enough to unwind and enjoy myself.

I've tried sticking to water and soft drink for a night, but doing it every night is too difficult for me.

So whats the best drink, in moderation, to consume if you're conscious about your weight?

I've heard Vodka/soda is a good option. Normally I drink a few beers in the afternoon and switch to Jack/Diet Coke at night.

Lets say I drink 10 drinks, which is best?;

Low carb beer vs Jack/Coke light vs Vodka/soda, etc.

Cheers guys.

Do you really need to drink beer during the day,cut this out and it`ll need a little less thinking about

I'd stick to vodka & soda, that is lowest calorific alcoholic drink as far as I'm aware. Mainly due to the soda ( i.e mixer ) keeping the calorie count down, compared to something like Coke.

Vodka , soda , with a squeeze of lime in it for me

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

If you are not a big drinker and in bed relatively early, then you could go for a walk or run the next day.

I always train the following day, after having had a few scoops.

I drink San Miguel light and have water after every second beer.

Sweat it out the next day

+1 for the advice offered by westie1. I consider myself a " fitness fanatic" as I'm an avid runner and weightlifter. I rarely, if ever, drink alcohol when I'm at home in the US. When I'm in LOS, I usually have a few drinks when I'm out at the go-go's and beer bar's. I stick with San Miguel Light which I enjoy and has approximately 100 calories per bottle. I also drink a bottle of water with every 1-2 beers. In addition, I limit my alcohol consumption to 6 beers per night. Most importantly, I train every morning even if I've been out late and drinking the previous night.

I've always turned to Vodka/soda if I need to shed a few kilos. But I've never had much of a weight problem.

Here's an interesting table to use if you can be bothered scrolling through the info - 

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Vodka soda w lime is your best bet and is actually pretty refreshing. Also like it as you avoid the beer bloat and don't feel like crap when you go to have sex after a night out drinking.

A light beer is roughly 110 calories and has carbs. Vodka soda is roughly 60 calories and zero carb. If you are on vacation for 10 days and average about 8 drinks per day you would saving yourself over a pounds worth of empty calories by going with soda vodka.

Light beer or spirits with soda water is the way to go.

Archived