Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Safety of Loo (pig blood)

smoakpark

Anthony Bourdain made a splash here a while back with his most recent show about Thailand, where he spent most of it eating and going to a ladyboy cabaret in Chiang Mai. I was hoping to do a few of the things he did on my next trip - mostly ladyboys and crazy food, and was interested in going to get the raw pig blood soup "loo" or "lou". I've heard it's a dangerous thing to eat, but was wondering how dangerous... dangerous on the level of barebacking.... or dangerous on the level of barebacking a yabba-ed out Soi 6 ladyboy? Has anybody here tried it or know of friends who have? Any bad stories? I've grown up eating raw ground pork in small quantities, but never something on the level of lou, but I'd really like to try it and certainly will as long as I don't get terrible feedback like half the people who try it die from brain parasites.

Khob Khun mak khrap, FUCK FACE!

tumblr_mlxmvpXR0F1r2m2dso1_500.gif

Good information, Jerry. What I read is that under the small chance you get a disease, you can just take some penicillin 555555555 If I get meningitis I can get off work a few days. :)

Just do ot on your last days on Thailand

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Anthony Bourdain made a splash here a while back with his most recent show about Thailand, where he spent most of it eating and going to a ladyboy cabaret in Chiang Mai. I was hoping to do a few of the things he did on my next trip 

Just in case you did not see this :

http://helencho.tumblr.com/post/89678208976/list-of-locations-from-parts-unknown-thailand

Thanks for the info!

No probs .... hope we get a follow up post.

Maybe I can do a mini trip report about a restaurant experience since a real trip report is way too much work

Have you ever tried anything cooked with pig blood before? Maybe you should ease into it by getting some breakfasts with black pudding first...

I'm not put off by it, but the smell can be a bit much when you're starting out.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived