IGNORED

unfair trade practice by hotel booking site

marikosay

I've always booked ahead via Agoda (except for a condo I'll be staying in this time for part of the trip).

There are plenty of reviews on Agoda which can only be left if that person has previously made a booking for that hotel. It's convenient for me as I can pay in advance and use a trusted method of payment such as PayPal. I don't think I've ever used any of my bak cards in Thailand to pay for goods so from that perspective there is some piece of mind too.

It's very easy to book your room directly from the hotel by email. They may ask for the deposit but I have been able to skip that every time.

but there is greater risk, if someone come before you and paid for the room, you don't get room, in thailand most of the good hotel offer room to walkin customer on rack rate which is always higher side whereas on site you have chance to get good discount because they had bulk booking for entire year and they use to sell as per demand

And in super peak season its good have prebooking when choice have limited, in off season what you practice is right

Every journey has secret destination which traveller is unaware

you mean to say-- Thailand = unfair price = farang pay for lots of things :WinkGrin1: :WinkGrin1:, its may be true only for few !

Actually i meant what i said 'farang pay unfair prices for a lot of things in Thailand' . 

Go to a zoo , national park , whatever attraction and you will find out that the 

farang has to pay 3/5 times the price Thai people do . 

Actually i meant what i said 'farang pay unfair prices for a lot of things in Thailand' . 

Go to a zoo , national park , whatever attraction and you will find out that the 

in every third world country there is different entrance fee for foreigners and different for their national 

in cambodia even for transport service and pussy there are different price, and khamer pay less, foreigner pay more

but in LOS no discrimination for pussy :Grin3: plenty to choose

You find at most places it's actually a residents' price and a tourists' price. No different from lots of places around the world including my hometown.

Edinburgh Christmas: Residents get 20% discount
2498037803.jpg

The attractions in Princes Street Gardens will include the relocated Star Flyer. Picture: contributor

EDINBURGH and Lothian residents are to be given a 20 per cent discount on the city’s Christmas events in a bid to avoid a repeat of last year’s complaints that the festive attractions were too pricey.

Unveiling this year’s Edinburgh’s Christmas programme today, organisers said everyone with an EH postcode would qualify for the one-fifth reduction on almost all shows, rides and events.

hahaha.. right mate but you have to screw those pussy in hotel and when  hotel / booking site try to screw you then how you have fun

i have just completed my booking for my vacation starting 03rd January total 12 nights (10 nights pattya+2 nights bangkok)

August Suit- Superior @ THB 1030 PN

Page 10-      Superior Studio @ THB 1281 PN

Flipper lodge-Superior Wing B @ THB 920 PN

Citadin sukhumvit 11- @ THB 1016 PN

i did not allowed particular booking sites to screw me and saved roughly THB 7000 on current rate, ok to screw two pussy

thanks to trip adviser and hotelscombined

Great price for Page 10. Can I ask how you got it as I am wanting to stay there in March but the price both directly with hotel and Agoda is the same BHT 2200 p/n

1281 is a bargin....

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Its the hotels that in-put the room info into the booking agencies, not the agencies themselves. So if they give different info to one site than another its the hotels fault, they have complete control what is seen on Agoda

Hotelscombined.com is the best search engine for this type of booking

yes. always look hotelscombined.com

maybe u can find a good one than Agoda......

Great price for Page 10. Can I ask how you got it as I am wanting to stay there in March but the price both directly with hotel and Agoda is the same BHT 2200 p/n

1281 is a bargin....

I got deal for 3 nights in week days, regular search on hotelscombined, TripAdvisor and Google and finally got deal under Google on line sale where many portal participated

In my shorter vacation, I never book one hotel for than 4 nights and split my stay in North pattaya soi 2 or 5, central pattaya around soi 7 to 10 and and soi bukhaw area

I got deal for 3 nights in week days, regular search on hotelscombined, TripAdvisor and Google and finally got deal under Google on line sale where many portal participated

In my shorter vacation, I never book one hotel for than 4 nights and split my stay in North pattaya soi 2 or 5, central pattaya around soi 7 to 10 and and soi bukhaw area

Can I ask which website is doing Citadines for 1016 Baht per night?  What dates is that booking for?

Can I ask which website is doing Citadines for 1016 Baht per night? What dates is that booking for?

One of my friend text me about goibibo where 60% sale was going on and I found deal for 11 to 13 January

One of my friend text me about goibibo where 60% sale was going on and I found deal for 11 to 13 January

Let me guess.  You can't find the same deal now.  Correct?

Just checked 60% sale is there you may try different dates with flexibility in your itinerary

Just checked 60% sale is there you may try different dates with flexibility in your itinerary

Got a link?  I can see their "60% Sale", but no amount of pissing around with dates gets you anywhere near 1,016 Baht per night.

but there is greater risk, if someone come before you and paid for the room, you don't get room, in thailand most of the good hotel offer room to walkin customer on rack rate which is always higher side whereas on site you have chance to get good discount because they had bulk booking for entire year and they use to sell as per demand

And in super peak season its good have prebooking when choice have limited, in off season what you practice is right

Hmm well... Which one is the greater risk? Pre-pay your entire stay or negotiate with the hotel via email? Never had a single problem after booking via email. Also booking site "discounts" are kinda hoax. I have always checked the booking sites(no rooms available, or much more expensive)before sending email to hotel and they are happy to give the discounts even for 2-3 weeks stay.

If there is the problem with a hotel, I haven't paid anything in advance and I can go to next hotel with no problems and hassle. If you have pre-paid your stay, there is a huge problem for getting your money back. Propably you will never get your money back in LOS. Check some threads how easy it is to get your money back even it is clearly hotel's fault to not deliver what you paid for.

marikosay,

I have spent some time to look for a deal like you got in that Goibibo today. The 60% discount has a limit as 2000 Indian Rupee. You only pay 1016 THB per night in Citadin. Even you book your two days stay one at a time to max out the discout. It only come down from 5244 to 3244 Indian Rupee a day. It is about 1700 THB. The web site didn't say it is included tax and VAT or not. If it is not, it will add another 289 THB. So, it will come up as almost 2000 THB a day. You must have some secret trick to get another 50% discount after that. Please let us know how you did it. I am sure it will be the biggest contribution in PA this year. When you are in town, every member here will love to buy you a drink to say thank you because you save us tons of money.

marikosay,

I have spent some time to look for a deal like you got in that Goibibo today. The 60% discount has a limit as 2000 Indian Rupee. You only pay 1016 THB per night in Citadin. Even you book your two days stay one at a time to max out the discout. It only come down from 5244 to 3244 Indian Rupee a day. It is about 1700 THB. The web site didn't say it is included tax and VAT or not. If it is not, it will add another 289 THB. So, it will come up as almost 2000 THB a day. You must have some secret trick to get another 50% discount after that. Please let us know how you did it. I am sure it will be the biggest contribution in PA this year. When you are in town, every member here will love to buy you a drink to say thank you because you save us tons of money.

when i booked the discount was Rupee 3000 ``THB 1570 or 60% whichever is maximum per transaction and i splited my booking to extract maximum benifit and got vey good deal in Citadin and Page 10,

when i booked the discount was Rupee 3000 ``THB 1570 or 60% whichever is maximum per transaction and i splited my booking to extract maximum benifit and got vey good deal in Citadin and Page 10,

As I said, "You can't find the same deal now.  Correct?"  

Another fantasist wasting BMs' time.

marikosay,

You are such a lucky guy. You could find all of the best duels to meet with your travel needs and they match perfectly. I spent almost half an hour to look for deals but they are almost double to what you have. I was so mad! :SteamingMad:

By the way, here is a link of Goibibo's recently expired offer:

http://www.goibibo.com/offers/#expired-offers

Can you let me know which one you used? So, I could keep my eyes on that deal. When it comes up again, I could take the advantage like you did. Thanks.

Found out lately that Agoda takes a very high percentage on these bookings .

Booked a hotel in Phnom Penh for 2 weeks and as the room was very nice i

wanted to book it for another 2 weeks . Asked the reception if it would be

better to book through Agoda or directly with them .

He showed me the original booking through Agoda and Agoda takes off

about 23% before paying out the rest .

He was happy to give me a 20% discount if i booked directly with the hotel .

Like everything else this varies. I was quoted 1500 baht /nite extra from the hotel to extend my stay over what the initial Agoda nitely cost was.

And another time the hotel charged me another $10 over what I was spending thru another online booking site.

Being thorough you'll need to check at least both sites.

The last time, after booking with Agoda, with the better rate, I emailed hotel and asked if they could quote me a price close to what Agoda charged me for their room. They quoted much more and referred me to their own website.

Somehow i dont really feel very comfortable with booking my hotel with some indian booking site...anybody have some experience with them?

I heard today LKRen is giving lower rate for direct customers ...

LK have always given a cheaper rate directly. Sometime not much some times very good. I am interacting for the best deal March 15.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Archived