Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Problems with text messages to Thailand not being received

Airgear

Is anyone else having trouble with their text/SMS messages not being received in Thailand?

Since coming back from a trip to LOS in November my messages from UK to a couple of numbers in Thailand are not getting there. I can call the numbers mobile to mobile and landline to mobile - just the texts are not being received. Previously I've had no problems with these numbers. Also I believe someone else sending a message from the UK to one of these numbers has been unsuccessful too, where previously there was no problem.

Would be glad of any help.

"But one of the lessons a woman most rarely learns,is never to talk to an angry or drunken man."...from Adam Bede by George Eliot.

I had 2 numbers in Thailand that text started failing to be delivered to when sent from England. Was on an Iphone 4 at the time. All other Thai numbers were unaffected, and the affected numbers were ok when rung. Ended up all I had to do was totally delete all traces of these contacts (from contacts list, sent msgs, dialed numbers everything), then re-input them and they were alright after that. Found the solution on a forum somewhere. Don't ask me, it worked is all I know

Did you try +66 ?

I have noticed that sometimes text messages sent between two Iphones do not arrive. I believe it's because these 'Imessages' are sent using the Internet rather than the usual text message system so if one of the two people doesn't have Internet access the message fails. I'm not saying that this is the problem but IMO it's worth looking into, especially if Iphones are involved.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

The text messages I send from USA go through 75-80% of the time with just text.

Sending a Photo with text it seems only about 10% go through.

When my family and I were in Bangkok we had some problems sending messages to one another, them using Norwegian numbers and I using my Thai number. Some messages got delayed, some didn't arrive at all.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I had included +66 (but that was worth asking)   I've just tried deleting all traces of the numbers and trying from scratch but no luck there either. What a pain....

I'll try my sim in another phone later and also try texting from one of my friends at the pub tonight.

"But one of the lessons a woman most rarely learns,is never to talk to an angry or drunken man."...from Adam Bede by George Eliot.

your better off using one of the many apps like line, viber and tango  you can get read and delivered receipts then. plus they are free to text save paying 20 or 30 p a text then as well

the receiver needs to have the same app... "line" seems to be the favourite at the moment

Sim was no good in another phone. Message sent from a friends phone was unsuccessful too. Time to chase up the telecom company who are supposed to be looking into the problem.

I've not had any luck downloading apps like Viber. I get messages like "Not available in your country" (I live on the Isle of Man, British Isles). "This version not available for your device" (I have a Samsung Galaxy S) My text messages are free with the contract I have anyway so cost isn't an issue.

It depends on the other person having their app active as well. I use Skype ok but don't have it turned on at my mobile all the time and more importantly neither does the person I am texting. I am normally just texting to say "get your ass on Skype now".

Thanks again for input.

I have now heard from the operator I have a contract with that AIS in Thailand have switched to using a HUB Service for their sms/text messages. I think this has something to do with different operators being able to send and receive messages to other operators without having an actual roaming agreement with them.

Anyway, my operator doesn't use a HUB service yet (they are looking into it they say) so I'm now not able to send text messages to my friends. So much for f***ing progress eh!

Hope this helps if anyone else has been having problems.

hi..

i used to send with just voip..then they stopped,,,then skype now they have stopped...i have to use my uk network for them to get through...

what i have had to do is download  LINE...similar to skype...most thai girls have it...its free to send messages etc..so try that

what i have had to do is download  LINE...similar to skype...most thai girls have it...its free to send messages etc..so try that

Yeah thanks. Like you say, there are other methods. I'm using Whatsapp just for now which is ok but an extra drain on battery.

Yeah thanks. Like you say, there are other methods. I'm using Whatsapp just for now which is ok but an extra drain on battery.

for sure the batteries dont last long

Archived