IGNORED

Traditional Christmas lunch venues?

brewster

Last year I had Xmas lunch at the Acorn pub at the Avenue, which was OK, but I think it's closed down now.

Where would anyone recommend for booking a decent Xmas Day lunch (with some alternative Thai dishes for the fussy non-farangs) and parking?

Cheers

acorn is 100% closed.

the only 2 signs i have seen so far are outside the butchers arms on buakoaw and dicey reillys (899 bht) on second rd but it is still early in the month

dec 3 157_800x600.jpg

dec 3 156_800x600.jpg

Last year I had Xmas lunch at the Acorn pub at the Avenue, which was OK, but I think it's closed down now.

Where would anyone recommend for booking a decent Xmas Day lunch (with some alternative Thai dishes for the fussy non-farangs) and parking?

Cheers

geez closed? Guess the kids play area was not the answer

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Jamesons ;)

My mind wandered and never came back ;)

for those in BKK, the JW Marriott has an amazing - high quality - big variety - Christmas and New Years buffet - lunches and dinners... probably would need to book there in advance, as it is extremely popular... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

there is also a buffet effort at Jollys on soi buakoaw but there too many folks on the tables when i went past yesterday to see how much it was going to cost.

Next door to the Butchers Arms looks a nice place to get your Christmas stuffing

either that or a yule log

I'm hoping 7/11 will do a special turkey 'n stuffing sandwich.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I'm hoping 7/11 will do a special turkey 'n stuffing sandwich.

I heard that the Pattaya kebab stands will feature turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce schwarmas, wrapped in Pillsberry popN fresh dough crescent rolls... Ohhhh yeahhhhh!!

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

I heard that the Pattaya kebab stands will feature turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce schwarmas, wrapped in Pillsberry popN fresh dough crescent rolls... Ohhhh yeahhhhh!!

I'm there!!!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I think Coop said that he will be doing a Christmas dinner (not lunch) at Chick N Coop.

I went to his Thanksgiving feast last week, and it was a tasty and large spread.  Got more than my fill (and at a low price - 300 baht)

He limits # of tickets sold, so you might want to check with him in advance.

there is also a buffet effort at Jollys on soi buakoaw but there too many folks on the tables when i went past yesterday to see how much it was going to cost.

800+ I was in last week and saw the ads 849 baht I think :Think1:

for those in BKK, the JW Marriott has an amazing - high quality - big variety - Christmas and New Years buffet - lunches and dinners... probably would need to book there in advance, as it is extremely popular...

Does the Marriott in Pattaya have one? From their website it's difficult to see!

Does the Marriott in Pattaya have one? From their website it's difficult to see!

I was just at the Marriott for Thanksgiving, as I had been maybe 4 years ago.

On my prior trip, the Marriott had a very pricey Thanksgiving dinner in their Garden Cafe restaurant, but this year it was at Dicey Reilly's.

Based upon that, my guess would be that the Marriott's Christmas dinner would be at Dicey Reilly's.

I was just at the Marriott for Thanksgiving, as I had been maybe 4 years ago.

On my prior trip, the Marriott had a very pricey Thanksgiving dinner in their Garden Cafe restaurant, but this year it was at Dicey Reilly's.

Based upon that, my guess would be that the Marriott's Christmas dinner would be at Dicey Reilly's.

the dicey reilly's xmas prices are as follows.....

xmas eve dinner.......799

xmas day...................899

new years eve...........999

but drinks are going to be top end prices and i've no idea if it's a sit down meal or a buffet

jamesons are doing an all you can eat carvery/buffet job for 745bht (500 bht deposit req) in 2 sittings 12 noon to 17 30 and 17 30 to 23 00.

saw a pic on another forum.

the dicey reilly's xmas prices are as follows.....

xmas eve dinner.......799

xmas day...................899

new years eve...........999

but drinks are going to be top end prices and i've no idea if it's a sit down meal or a buffet

took a couple of pics

dec 5 156_800x600.jpg

dec 5 157_800x441.jpg

Let year I had Christmas dinner in Palmers Bar in Soi 13/4 (Pattayaland soi 2).  And it was very very good.

I cannot remember how much it cost but I remember it being cheap compared to a lot of other places

PalmersBar is run by Bob and Somjai.  And Bob is the guy that provides the Chilli on a Sunday night at Private Dancer gogo in WS.  And it's always popular.  And Bob also supplies a Curry on the Wednesday nights that Private Dancer does the curry night.  The curry is also very popular.  And Bob has also been known to supply food to other venues like Babydolls.

So why not give is Xmas Dinner a try

Saw this on Facebook - Sportsman's Christmas menu

menu.JPG

i found one in jomtien for the boards high rollers.

6,000 bht or 9,000 bht if you want champagne and i forgot to check if that's inc or plus vat and service.

2nd rd end of soi 5 jomtien near immigration, da vinci

pics tomorrow

here is the most expensive 1 i've seen so far...........

dec 11 203_800x600.jpg

dec 11 204_800x600.jpg

plus 5% which makes it 6,300 and 10,500 before u add a sml

dec 11 205_800x600.jpg

or you could just pissed the night before with santas little helpers and have the day in bed.......

dec 11 251_800x600.jpg

failing that, here is the cheapest other option i have found. not strictly a xmas meal but it does mention the word and it is cheap.

near Insomnia walking st....

dec 11 193_800x600.jpg

dec 11 194_800x600.jpg

Archived