IGNORED

Iphone 6 North American model

Lucky 1

Will a North American unlocked Iphone 6 work with all of DTAC or True Mobile  3G or 4G services. Or any suggestions on where to buy a Iphone 6 32GB in Pattaya.

Will a North American unlocked Iphone 6 work with all of DTAC or True Mobile  3G or 4G services. Or any suggestions on where to buy a Iphone 6 32GB in Pattaya.

You have to be a little careful - just quickly reading through the tech specs, it seems there are still CDMA-only models in the US... you don't want that; you want GSM. Check with your local Apple story guy and verify it, but as long as you have a GSM phone, and it's unlocked from its carrier - I'm looking at you, AT&T - you can then use it nearly anywhere in the world. 

You have to be a little careful - just quickly reading through the tech specs, it seems there are still CDMA-only models in the US... you don't want that; you want GSM. Check with your local Apple story guy and verify it, but as long as you have a GSM phone, and it's unlocked from its carrier - I'm looking at you, AT&T - you can then use it nearly anywhere in the world. 

Thank You Woofiee.

I knew about the GSM. Bands. I don't use a smart phone for anything. {I still use cheap flip phones} But this one will be a gift and with the hodge podge of bands, 3G, 4G, LTE. that I don't know much about. I wanted the person I'm giving it to, to be able to use the phone to the phones/carrier's fullest extent. I haven't looked since the phone first came out but if I remember correctly the phone is about 749 USD in the US and it would be stupid of me to buy it in the US just to save about 150 USD if it couldn't use the carriers in Thailand services/speeds to their fullest. 

I'm still debating on whether to spring for it. She already has a Note 3 she bought for herself 10 months ago, that she has determined is just to big for her hands and needs and easy carry. 

Thank You All for your help.

It's hard for me to login daily to keep up with everyone's responses.  My plans have changed and I won't be returning to the US before going to Thailand so I've decided to go to the Apple store In Bangkok and get one there.

I've decided to go to the Apple store In Bangkok and get one there.

There is no Apple Store in Bangkok. Your best bet would probably be iStudio (major Apple reseller in Thailand).

USA t-mobile iPhone 6 models are the gsm A1586 model, which supports all frequencies and lte bands worldwide - a true, and the only, world phone.

The t-mobile model is also unlocked.

All iphones have the ability to use CDMA and GSM, but US carriers are opting for GSM standards for 4G+ greater. That means that all US iphones 5, 5S and 6 have GSM sim card slots, even if they use CDMA for any part of their communications. I think Sprint was the last holdout on all CDMA network. Verizon was CDMA, but uses GSM for world phones (older Blackberries) and now for their 4G networks.

The only question you should be asking is if the phone has any sort of carrier lock on it (important). For instance, the Iphone 6 has pentaband HSDPA (3G) antenna, but also CMDA2000 & TD-SCDMA (3G), on top of something crazy like a 9 band GSM 4G antenna. It should theoretically work in any network, provided that the original carrier didn't lock the antenna. 

edit, you got all the advice you need I see, have fun!

Tukcom you can find just about any phone handsets there as well as computers, cameras and movies. It is at the south end of Soi Bukaow on I think it is Pattaya Thai.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

Thank You All,

I have found out I won't be going to the US before going to Thailand. So I had decided I would order the Gray 64GB from Apple's website in Thailand. But after talking to them {they said the delivery time was about 14 days}. I decided to send my girlfriend to a Apple recommended reseller as was also previously recommended by Sick Water Buffalo. So I sent her a list of resellers listed on Apples website and told her to buy one. Not one of them had the 64GB Gray model so she found one at a store on the 3rd floor of the Central Festival Mall, that charged 2000 baht more than an authorized Apple reseller's price of 29,500 baht.. I'm not happy, nor would I ever had thought I would pay more than 300 USD for a phone in my life. I thought I was crazy when I was going to buy it in the US for 750 USD.  But the trip back to the US would have been more expensive than the difference in cost between phones from the US and Thailand. So I guess I have saved money by spending more. LOL  To say nothing of the time wasted in flight, had I went to the US first. 

Again Thank You All for your advice and recommendations.

Archived