Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 Visa to America

chinalove

Is it possible to get my GF a 30 day tourist visa to USA,. She has no job in Thai, no family in Thai. Only Aunt in bKK. ATM card but no money in the bank.  Speaks English so so. Lives with me over a year.  

Almost impossible from what you describe. I think Thai Visas is a PA site sponsor so check with them. Your best bet may be to apply for a K-1 fiancée visa and wait 4 to 6 months to be approved. Good luck!

Is it possible to get my GF a 30 day tourist visa to USA,. She has no job in Thai, no family in Thai. Only Aunt in bKK. ATM card but no money in the bank.  Speaks English so so. Lives with me over a year.  

Yeah.  marry her.  Get the marriage certificate translated and notarized.

Having the same problem with my tgf. She has had the same job though for over a year. Has family who are established and has a little money in an account. Would k-1 be my best bet as well? If so, does anyone have any experience on this?

Tourist visas for Thai girls are almost impossible to obtain. Unless you want to marry her, apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa and wait 4 to 6 months. She will be allowed to stay in the U.S. for 90 days. If you marry in the U.S. during that 90 day window she can stay by filing for status adjustment.

For a US tourist visa, by law the consular officer must assume the applicant intends to immigrate - therefore they will look for ties to her homeland which satisfy the consular officer that she will, indeed, return to Thailand and not use the tourist visa to immigrate.

Things like owning land, a business, a family left behind whom she's responsible for, a good job she is unlikely to leave, etc. it's not just one thing, but the totality of the situation.

Having an American boyfriend or a statement from you indicating support will actually hurt her chances of getting a tourist visa. She must be eligible on her merits alone.

This makes it very, very difficult for young Thai girls to get tourist visas to the US.

If the consular officer catches any wiff of bar/GoGo/freelancing activity - applicant will likely never see a US visa of any category.

But it can be done - I had a friend just leave after a two week visit recently - she has a ten year tourist visa. She's a meterologist for the Thai government, has children and has a history of traveling to other parts of the world and, of interest to the consular officer, has returned to Thailand each time within the limits of her visas.

K1? It'll cost you about a thousand dollars (not including airfare) and 4-8 months to get her over here. The intent is to marry within 90 days and adjust her status for a green card (approximately another $1000). It's an expensive and time consuming method for a visit if that's all you're after. Also, legislation limits the number of K1 visas an individual could sponsor.

Suggest www.visajourney.com if you want further information - they have sub forums dedicated to Thailand, K1, etc. You'll get better information there to specific questions than you will here.

I have no personal or professional knowledge on nit, but I would suggest that you be careful with a K1 visa.  

If you're not seriously thinking of getting married within the 90 days, it could be expensive and could come back to haunt you later.

As noted, they are not that easy to get, so I would expect that prior K1 visa applications that did not result in marriage will seriously hinder your ability to get one later should you find a girl whom you really DO want to marry.

I also think it pretty much kills the girl's chances of ever getting back into the USA on another K1 application if the marriage doesn't happen.

I WISH it was easier to get a 30 day visa -- it'd probably be cheaper and MUCH more time efficient for me to just bring a TG over here for a couple of weeks rather than flying over there!  5555555

Odds are not in your favor if she does not have substantial ties to Thailand. However, the application is not expensive or difficult.  Give it a try.  i know people who have tried three or four times. denied every time. Then poof, the next time she got approved. You can apply as often as you like. A denial will not reflect negatively on either of you. The application can be completed online.

A few hints if you decide to try.  She needs to dress like a proper Thai lady.  A girl who walks in dressed like a bar girl will most certainly walk out a couple hours later in tears.  Be completely honest about everything.  You will not fool the Consulate staff.  Padding her bank account won't help. They will look for regular income over a period of years. They will see a lump sum payment for what it is.

Another option I have seen used is getting her a Visa to Canada and meeting her up there. Apparently it is easier to get a Canadian Visa.

A K-1 fiance visa is NOT an option if you are not serious about getting married. Using it as a way around a tourist visa is visa fraud and not looked on highly by the Embassy.  The process is significantly more expensive and time consuming then has been mention here.

A US citizen is limited to 2 K-1 applications in a lifetime. You may be burning bridges if you actually want to have someone here to get married later.

My advice give the tourist visa a try. See what happens.

As mentioned already, VisaJourney.com is a great DIY site. Plenty of good advice and good help over there.

A denial will not reflect negatively on either of you.

Except if the denial is for material misrepresentation (a lie) - this would be noted in her file and a lifetime ban applied.

Also, a denial for moral turpitude based on P4P activities would most likely be a significant hurdle to overcome in the future - this is where skirting the issue of P4P, if the girl has been involved, becomes a delicate situation to handle so one doesn't get stuck with the material misrepresentation ban noted above.

Except if the denial is for material misrepresentation (a lie) - this would be noted in her file and a lifetime ban applied.

Also, a denial for moral turpitude based on P4P activities would most likely be a significant hurdle to overcome in the future - this is where skirting the issue of P4P, if the girl has been involved, becomes a delicate situation to handle so one doesn't get stuck with the material misrepresentation ban noted above.

Correct. You don't want to get caught in a lie.

Above information is all valid but not what you wanted to hear, Good luck!

I still shake my head over how they treated my wife's three applications.

First one was when we'd been together a couple of years (not yet married). I knew it had no chance for approval but went ahead and helped her submit it just to prove that I really would take her for a visit if possible.

Second one was the one that pissed me off. We'd been together about 5 years by then, were going to get married eventually but in no hurry. I thought we at least had a chance.

I made up a very thorough package with details of our 5 year relationship, travel to other countries together such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Laos, and Cambodia. Her families property was in her name as they were old and she was the only one of their kids that helped out (She may have lied about the property actually being in her name.) She also was the owner of a small beauty shop I had set her up with about a year earlier. She had been working there for awhile and It was cheap to buy the lease from the previous owner. 

Anyway, at the interview she didn't even get to give them the package to look at. The consular official was a youngish woman, maybe early 30's, and asked her for her bankbook. She took about 5 seconds to flip to the balance page, handed it back and just said "you're denied". Total BS, I think she had maybe 100k baht in the account but not sure exactly but the bitch did not even consider for one minute the possibility of giving her a visa. I think the real reason was more to do with the fact that we lived in Pattaya and there was a 20 year age difference

Third try was successful and resulted in a tourist visa good for 10 years. We were married then and I was on an annual extension of stay. The lady we talked to that time talked to my wife for about three minutes and said "we can give you a visa, no problem". The thing that pissed me off was that for that application we never showed the official any papers at all, not even the marriage certificate. Absolutley nothing except a three minute interview that wasn't very detailed. The lady asked my wife why she wanted to go to the US, the wife's answer" "To look around". I guess that was the right answer. 

FYI, at that time the boyfriend/husband/fiance could be present at the interview. That is no longer the case I believe.

I do not undersdtasnd why its so hard for Thai citzens to get tourist visas. My flight back was with 600 mainland Chinese citizens on holiday to the states. Half of them didn't look like they owned two pair of pants. Crazy

I do not undersdtasnd why its so hard for Thai citzens to get tourist visas. My flight back was with 600 mainland Chinese citizens on holiday to the states. Half of them didn't look like they owned two pair of pants. Crazy

Thailand is considered a high fraud country. Too many come over on a non-immigrant visa and never leave.  Makes it tough for those who want to do it correctly.

I still shake my head over how they treated my wife's three applications.

First one was when we'd been together a couple of years (not yet married). I knew it had no chance for approval but went ahead and helped her submit it just to prove that I really would take her for a visit if possible.

Second one was the one that pissed me off. We'd been together about 5 years by then, were going to get married eventually but in no hurry. I thought we at least had a chance.

I made up a very thorough package with details of our 5 year relationship, travel to other countries together such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Laos, and Cambodia. Her families property was in her name as they were old and she was the only one of their kids that helped out (She may have lied about the property actually being in her name.) She also was the owner of a small beauty shop I had set her up with about a year earlier. She had been working there for awhile and It was cheap to buy the lease from the previous owner. 

Anyway, at the interview she didn't even get to give them the package to look at. The consular official was a youngish woman, maybe early 30's, and asked her for her bankbook. She took about 5 seconds to flip to the balance page, handed it back and just said "you're denied". Total BS, I think she had maybe 100k baht in the account but not sure exactly but the bitch did not even consider for one minute the possibility of giving her a visa. I think the real reason was more to do with the fact that we lived in Pattaya and there was a 20 year age difference

Third try was successful and resulted in a tourist visa good for 10 years. We were married then and I was on an annual extension of stay. The lady we talked to that time talked to my wife for about three minutes and said "we can give you a visa, no problem". The thing that pissed me off was that for that application we never showed the official any papers at all, not even the marriage certificate. Absolutley nothing except a three minute interview that wasn't very detailed. The lady asked my wife why she wanted to go to the US, the wife's answer" "To look around". I guess that was the right answer. 

FYI, at that time the boyfriend/husband/fiance could be present at the interview. That is no longer the case I believe.

That's the frustrating part. There seems to be a lot of latitude given to the individual CO regarding the approval denial decision. An immigration attorney once told me some CO"S have signifigant higher denial rates then others. Luck of the draw, that's why I say give it a couple tries. See what happens

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think are her chances with this situation:

She lives in Chiang Mai, 43 years old, has a Bachelors degree, no p4p history.  I've been around her long enough and met siblings to believe this is true.  Parents are deceased

Married an American in Hawaii in 2010 (do not know type of visa she was given then, will find out and update)

She lived in Korat at the time, family there and family land there.

He moves to Thailand and moves her to Chiang Mai.

He built house in Chiang Mai, big house in a development worth 5 to 7 million baht.  Fully furnished. It's in her name.  One million baht loan on it that she took out. She also owns a condo in Chiang Mai.

In 2011 they have a son, born in Chiang Mai

July 2013 he takes the son to America without her permission, basically parental kidnapping.  She had no knowledge of his plans, returned home from work and they were gone.  Child was still nursing.

She notified the embassy but they were not of any help (I'm not really up on all that transpired there)

For all she knows she is still married.

Thinks father and kid are in Texas 

She has 500,000 baht in the bank

No job

She wants to get a visa to come to the states to find her son and pursue custody.

No civil action has been initiated in Thailand or USA.

I'm mostly asking for advice on the visa, best way to approach the embassy.

Any advice on the core issue is welcome too.

PS: she is my TGF

PPS: I have not been able to determine if he violated any laws, seems USA laws are aimed in the other direction, kidnapping an American born kid by forigen born parent.  Do not know if this violated Thai law, other than removing a child with out both parents approval (she claims that's thai law, but apparently not well enforced)

PPPS:  She has no Desire to immigrate to USA, just at the least see her son. Minimum goal is to establish right to annual visitation.  Ideal would be to return son to Thailand with her getting full custody.

What are you asking? Are you looking for a tourist visa?

A non-immigrant tourist visa is entirely based on the Thai person. She submits the application and gets approved or denied based on her merits.  You can not and should not contact the Embassy on her behalf.

You need to find out what her status is regarding the trip to the US. 

Did she get a tourist Visa, got married, returned within the terms of the Visa.

Did she enter under a Fiance Visa? If so did she complete AOS?  Did she overstay? Did she receive a ban?

What she did during that trip will have a big impact on any future trips to the US.

Try to collect any paperwork she has regarding that trip.

Alternatively, just apply and see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Tourist Visa to USA for your Thai GF=FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!

She has a better chance of sneaking across border between Mexico/Texas.

That's what I told her, that she should just cross over from mexico and learn a little Spanish. Then she'd be set.

Consular Officers have minutes to decide if they issue a B2 tourist visa. Once she has been denied a tourist visa, her chances dramatically decrease for any follow on visa. Her fingerprints are flagged for future applications (if she applies again for any visa). The age disparity and the country play a big factor. If she is a student in Thailand, a F or M visa are actually much easier to obtain. Although their are financial requirements, shot records, etc.

Most of what I have seen are Thai ladies go to Australia and become citizens and then hop over to the U.S. On a visa waiver. That takes years tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived