IGNORED

Visa for child to UK

lawson

Thanks for looking people

My friend is after fetching his step daughter to UK for settlement and needs info on this, so any imput welcome. I have not done application visa for ages, so not to clued up now and rather than start doing tonnes of research, thought you guys might make it easier.

Few questions

1/ Does the child have to attent application centre.

2/ Childs father not been seen for over 10yrs but mum has letter from goverment office to say she has full control of daughter

3/ Both parents working and make 35k per year

4/ Has proof she has maintained her and been to see her regular

5/ Mother has UK passport now

6/ Does Child need TB check? (12yrs old now)

7/ Apply at application centre in BKK or online

Any info will be of help

Cheers

Lawson

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

...........If you been to Pattaya, you have visited Heaven .............

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

Best of luck lawson , I'm sure she will get success . Somebody here will know better , I think try ask embassy or consulate for advice .

I also think there are some here who have had a similer situation and advice from them would be usefull.

However things change almost daily in Thailand so i also think it would be best to get the facts from the relevant government offices.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Try a tourist visa first as an introduction/holiday. Easier an cheaper. Then look into settlement a year later.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

Best of luck lawson , I'm sure she will get success . Somebody here will know better , I think try ask embassy or consulate for advice .

Cheers Jocky, not a lot of responce from BMs, will email embassy first me thinks  :Disease1: 

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

I also think there are some here who have had a similer situation and advice from them would be usefull.

However things change almost daily in Thailand so i also think it would be best to get the facts from the relevant government offices.

JDM

Cheers JDM......Think your correct, will be emailin embassy at weekend. Thanks

Try a tourist visa first as an introduction/holiday. Easier an cheaper. Then look into settlement a year later.    

Dont want to go down that avenue, they want their child over on settlement first time, if it was a girlfriend i would have said yes. Thanks for you input though.

Lawson 

Thanks for looking people

My friend is after fetching his step daughter to UK for settlement and needs info on this, so any imput welcome. I have not done application visa for ages, so not to clued up now and rather than start doing tonnes of research, thought you guys might make it easier.

Few questions

1/ Does the child have to attent application centre.

2/ Childs father not been seen for over 10yrs but mum has letter from goverment office to say she has full control of daughter

3/ Both parents working and make 35k per year

4/ Has proof she has maintained her and been to see her regular

5/ Mother has UK passport now

6/ Does Child need TB check? (12yrs old now)

7/ Apply at application centre in BKK or online

Any info will be of help

Cheers

Lawson

Not really that much help as my experience was different but for what it is worth I believe the UK Border Agency is responsible for the naturalization process. So worth a phone call there for more info. I got a call back telephone appointment myself

The TB control was automatic in UK through the school system I was not sure so was sent to a health center where they can do a test to control if he had the TB injections done.

There were no health questions during my application process

My son did not have to attend personally any meetings with Embassy by me it was Irish Consulate Bangkok but It was a long process took 12 months although my situation was complicated because of name changes and country of Birth was actually Germany.

Should be more straight forwarded for your mate also I think the mother has an easier time than the father

Also just thinking has he legally adopted the child in Thailand ?

Well all in all be prepared for a lot of paperwork with everything translated and certified .

So embassy / border control and Thai embassy the crux of the issue being is the kid leaving Thailand on a Thai passport or UK

Regards

mrjd

Archived