IGNORED

Want to upgrade from my Lumix DMC-FX07

Hellrot

I want to get a new compact digital camera for my next trip to Pattaya. Basically, what I am looking for is something that takes night time pictures with quality similar to that offered by DSLR (think Slapman's pictures) and captures motion picture in HD or close to HD resolution.

I currently have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07 which served me faithfully for almost 2 years. However, I am not too happy with the quality of the pictures and videos it captures in low light/night time settings. I am looking at the Panasonic DMC-TZ50 since it has much better specs than my current camera and is advertised as being able to capture HD motion pictures. Anyone has experience with one care to comment?

In addition, feel free to recommend other cameras as it doesn't have to be a Panasonic. Any compact digital camera that fits the bill will do.

For point and click I have heard very good things about the Lumix TZ5 and the FX500. being amongst the 2 most recommended cameras I have seen in reviews. I use the Sony Cybershot DSC N2 which I love, but more because it is what I am used to, it doesn't have the wide angle facility of the Lumix F500 which is 25mm or the TZ5 at 28mm and 5 times optical, also doesn't have the anti shake and strangely doesn't have the grid for picture balance. Were I to buy now probably I would go for the FX500..The FX500, like the DSC N2, also has a large 3" screen with some touch screen facilities such as touch screen focus...But best get recommendations from someone like Slapman or Dancewatcher..their pic's are awesome

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Look no further than This, A great camera.

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

• 3 weeks later...

Had lumix tz5 for a week ,had to put it back poor quality pics but great zoom,now went for cannon G9 cant fault it picture quality is out of this world .

I would also recomend the Canon Powershot G9.

It has good picture quality, but missing the wide angel.

Ricoh has launched a new camera calleg GX 200 this has a wide angel of 24mm and u can even shoot in RAW just the DSLR.

But it would not be the same as a DSLR because of the sensor being much smaller.

But good picture quality.

Dont know if they sell Ricoh in the US though.